Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which credit card will I get good chance of getting

tag
Settemio
Regular Contributor

Which credit card will I get good chance of getting

My current scores are 676, bout 30% utilization. I have two inqueries in last 6 months. No 30 day for 3.5 years.

I dont have any high CL card and I would like to get rid of some of my lower CL cards like First Premier and Captial One. I have two capital one cards, starters.. applied for a real capital one card and got denied, too many cards with them.. they didnt hit my credit...Should I close one and reaplly? or should I wait till score is higher? better off trying for a Citi or Wells fargo with current score?

I just got a mortgage and paid off some CC debt. My FICO scores went up 26 pts in 30 days... Also, I need to do some work on my house and was looking to get a line of credit loan, Wells fargo or Citi for that?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Hollywood80
New Contributor

Re: Which credit card will I get good chance of getting

If you know anybody in the service, you are prime for Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU). I had similar profile in 2008 and they granted me 2 cards at $15,000 a piece and a Line of Credit at $10K. Best move i've ever taken. If you cant get in NFCU, I would try any other credit union.

Message 2 of 10
Settemio
Regular Contributor

I have a nephew in the service, does that qualify me?

EDIT: I just checked and I dont qualify as an uncle.

Other than that, why a credit union over say like Citi, or Wells Fargo for line of credit?

Message 3 of 10
laz98
Senior Contributor

usually more generous with credit limits.
Message 4 of 10
Settemio
Regular Contributor

I never used a Credit Union. Is there anything I have to have to qualify? I live in Texas.

Message 5 of 10
laz98
Senior Contributor

me too.  you usually have to open up a checking & savings, or sometimes just a savings.  that's how you become a member, & then you can app for other products.

Message 6 of 10
Settemio
Regular Contributor

OK thanks.

Back to my first Q... what CC should i apply for with my current scores? I want to get rid of some of my starter cards with low CL.

Message 7 of 10
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Are you a Citi or WF customer?  If so, I would try them.  

Message 8 of 10
vish1
Valued Contributor

I am not too sure but I think you can do this. Your nephew can join them and then you should be able to join them. I will ask your nephew to give them a call and find out.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 9 of 10
Hollywood80
New Contributor

+1

You should definitely be able to join if that happens. IMO, they're extremely nice to work with.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.