Regular Contributor
Settemio

Which credit card will I get good chance of getting

My current scores are 676, bout 30% utilization. I have two inqueries in last 6 months. No 30 day for 3.5 years.

I dont have any high CL card and I would like to get rid of some of my lower CL cards like First Premier and Captial One. I have two capital one cards, starters.. applied for a real capital one card and got denied, too many cards with them.. they didnt hit my credit...Should I close one and reaplly? or should I wait till score is higher? better off trying for a Citi or Wells fargo with current score?

I just got a mortgage and paid off some CC debt. My FICO scores went up 26 pts in 30 days... Also, I need to do some work on my house and was looking to get a line of credit loan, Wells fargo or Citi for that?

New Contributor
Hollywood80

Re: Which credit card will I get good chance of getting

If you know anybody in the service, you are prime for Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU). I had similar profile in 2008 and they granted me 2 cards at $15,000 a piece and a Line of Credit at $10K. Best move i've ever taken. If you cant get in NFCU, I would try any other credit union.

Regular Contributor
Settemio

[ Edited ]

I have a nephew in the service, does that qualify me?

EDIT: I just checked and I dont qualify as an uncle.

Other than that, why a credit union over say like Citi, or Wells Fargo for line of credit?

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

usually more generous with credit limits.
Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 755. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
Regular Contributor
Settemio

I never used a Credit Union. Is there anything I have to have to qualify? I live in Texas.

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

me too.  you usually have to open up a checking & savings, or sometimes just a savings.  that's how you become a member, & then you can app for other products.

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 755. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
Regular Contributor
Settemio

[ Edited ]

OK thanks.

Back to my first Q... what CC should i apply for with my current scores? I want to get rid of some of my starter cards with low CL.

Senior Contributor
Wolf3

Are you a Citi or WF customer?  If so, I would try them.  

Valued Contributor
vish1

I am not too sure but I think you can do this. Your nephew can join them and then you should be able to join them. I will ask your nephew to give them a call and find out.

Amex PRG | BoA Cash rewards 35K | BoA Cash rewards 7K | Citi AAdvantage 15 K | Chase Sapphire Preferred 11 K | Chase Freedom 10k | Chase United 5 K | Chase Southwest 5K | Chase Airtran 6.4K | Discover IT 8K | Barclays US Airways 7.8 K | DCU 3 K | US Bank Flex Perks 8K | Toys r US 6 K | JC Penney 4.6 K | Macy's 1200 | Kohl's 600
Ex Fico: 762 (PSECU)
EQ Fico: 764 (DCU)
TX Fico: 773 (Discover)
New Contributor
Hollywood80

+1

You should definitely be able to join if that happens. IMO, they're extremely nice to work with.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}