cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which credit cards can I apply for with 681 EQ FICO SCORE?

tag
kchui1028
Contributor

Which credit cards can I apply for with 681 EQ FICO SCORE?

I use FICO SCORE WATCh and I just got a nice bump in my credit score after I paid off a big balance on my credit card last month. 

My EQ FICO is now 681.

My TransUnion score is 640 with a high balance that's yet to be updated.. so I expect a similar score once that's been updated as well.

I was not able to get a FICO score for EX. for obvious reason, but the report is the same as my EQ.

I was also not able to get the TU SCORE from MyFICO for some reasons, So i go to annualcreditreport.com and get the report from TU and signed up for their 7 days trial to get the TU score, is the TU score from TU site a FAKO Score? 

I'm currently looking at some of the Chase cards because they sent me a few offers for the first time since 2+ years last month.

I am looking at Chase Slate, Chase Freedom and Chase Ink (I have a personal account & business account with Chase with deposit more than 50k for 2 years)

I have not applied or had any inquires for the past 12 months. My only baddie was an auto repossession that I applied for in 08, and went into collection in 09 and has been paid off in settlement in 2011. 

Currently I have only ONE credit card, a secured Capital One Card that never lates for the past 2 years, I have had it for about 2 years.

Are there any other cards that I should be looking at that I would qualify?

Thanks for anyone's help in advance.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Which credit cards can I apply for with 681 EQ FICO SCORE?

@kchui1028 wrote:

I use FICO SCORE WATCh and I just got a nice bump in my credit score after I paid off a big balance on my credit card last month. 

My EQ FICO is now 681.

My TransUnion score is 640 with a high balance that's yet to be updated.. so I expect a similar score once that's been updated as well.

I was not able to get a FICO score for EX. for obvious reason, but the report is the same as my EQ.

I was also not able to get the TU SCORE from MyFICO for some reasons, So i go to annualcreditreport.com and get the report from TU and signed up for their 7 days trial to get the TU score, is the TU score from TU site a FAKO Score? 

I'm currently looking at some of the Chase cards because they sent me a few offers for the first time since 2+ years last month.

I am looking at Chase Slate, Chase Freedom and Chase Ink (I have a personal account & business account with Chase with deposit more than 50k for 2 years)

I have not applied or had any inquires for the past 12 months. My only baddie was an auto repossession that I applied for in 08, and went into collection in 09 and has been paid off in settlement in 2011. 

Currently I have only ONE credit card, a secured Capital One Card that never lates for the past 2 years, I have had it for about 2 years.

Are there any other cards that I should be looking at that I would qualify?

Thanks for anyone's help in advance.

I would give AMEX (Charge Card) / Discover a look too.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 16
kchui1028
Contributor

I'd love an AMEX but with a score below 700 and a repossession history, is it even possible especially with a charge card?

Message 3 of 16
kchui1028
Contributor

Would love more advices on my situation.. which cards should I get? which co. will most likely pull EQ and approve me? I live in Northern California.

Message 4 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Are you a member of a CU? I'm not too sure about Amex only because the baddies are recent but stranger things have happened. Chase has a good recon but TBH, they really can be conservative about recent baddies too. Since you already have Cap 1, what about BoA?
Message 5 of 16
kchui1028
Contributor

No Credit Union.. I figures I will try to apply for the ones I know I wanna keep in the long term.. Cap1 is kind of a stepping stone for me as I used to have really bad credit history with 5-6 Collections, I decided to clean up my report and paid off almost all of them with deletion.

Cap1 card is the card that I will always keep though to extend the credit history for long term. There don't seem to have many cards from BOA and are they strict? I never heard much about their credit cards from the forum or ppl. Everyone praise Chase and their cash back and rewards.

I guess if I do get denied I will try again in 6 months and keep going until my baddies are gone and my credit history are longer with higher score.

Message 6 of 16
dpride86
Regular Contributor

livingsocial chase credit card. I got it with a 640 credit score

-Current Score: TU 719 EQ 705 and EX 708 1-11-15
-My Goal: 740+ on all 3
-My wallet:
NFCU Cash Rewards 17k,Fidelity Amex 10.1k, QS 8k, DCU Visa Platinum 7.5k, Chase Freedom 7k, Penfed Promise 6.5k, Amex BCE 6k and Citi 5K.
Message 7 of 16
kchui1028
Contributor

I don't care much about "livingsocial" so it's not a card that I wanna keep in my credit history.. I'd rather get a target credit card TBH lol

Message 8 of 16
kchui1028
Contributor

any other suggestions?

Message 9 of 16
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

You can always recon your app if denied with chase. You can explain your situation and maybe request them to pull other credit bureuas that are in better shape.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.