cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which credit cards give you a FICO score after applying?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which credit cards give you a FICO score after applying?

I'm just curious. I got a FICO score from Citi, Bank of America, and Amex. But did not from Chase and Barclay. Are they required to provide it?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
icloud2525
Frequent Contributor

Re: Which credit cards give you a FICO score after applying?

As far as I know, if they gave you less than the best terms, higher interest rate for example, they provide fico. If they gave you the best terms, no fico provided. 

Chase Sapphire Reserve $32.5K, Amex BCP $20K, Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Hilton Surpass $13,500, Amex Hilton $16,200, Discover it $16,000, Citi TYP $18,900, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $12,000, Virgin Atlantic World Elite MC $13,100, Merrill+ Visa Sig $10,000, Fidelity Visa Sig $14,000, Barclay Cash Forward $16,500, Wells Fargo Rewards $12,500, Local CU $7000, Barclay Apple Rewards $5500, Chase Freedom $5000,-- EQ FICO 768, EX FICO 777, TU FICO 781
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

^ this exactly...they are required to proved you a score and reasons why you didn't qualify for their best possible terms, if you did get their best possible terms they aren't required to give it to you
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suppose that makes sense. Is it possible to request a higher interest rate so I can get a FICO score? haha

Got FICO for Citi DC and immediately applied for CLI after getting the card and was approved.

Got FICO for BoA and SL was $1500.

Got FICO for Amex and immediately applied for CLI after getting the card and was approved.

Thanks for the tip.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.