Anonymous
Not applicable

Which credit cards would you use the most

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Which credit cards would you use the most

For me Slate, Blue and the BofA CR would be in the SD for sure but that is for my spending pattern and it might not apply to your purchase pattern. I think you should look at your spend categories and it should show you which cards make most sense to use. Also it depends if you are looking for cash back or rather points/miles that you can transfer. Someone that needs to carry a balance looks at the Slate completely different.  As for Dividend I could not tell as I have no experience 😉

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 3 of 9
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

For me Slate, Blue and the BofA CR would be in the SD for sure but that is for my spending pattern and it might not apply to your purchase pattern. I think you should look at your spend categories and it should show you which cards make most sense to use. Also it depends if you are looking for cash back or rather points/miles that you can transfer. Someone that needs to carry a balance looks at the Slate completely different.  As for Dividend I could not tell as I have no experience 😉

I pay off my and wifes balances each month. I am looking for more cash rewards rather then points. Slate is out of the picture. I shop at Amazon.com which I think Sallie Mae might be the best card for it. My normal patterns are buying gas, groceries, and paying utilities.

In this case I would say the winner is Sallie Mae if you can do it with the limits Smiley Happy  Discover for Shop Discover and Citi DC for non category spending.. you are pretty much set it looks Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got any spend bonuses to meet? Get those done first.
Message 6 of 9
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

+1 ... and make sure you are always on top with the 5% categories on the rotating cards (groceries and Freedom for example JAN-MAR) and use these so you do not have to worry about Sallie Mae's limits.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1 ... and make sure you are always on top with the 5% categories on the rotating cards (groceries and Freedom for example JAN-MAR) and use these so you do not have to worry about Sallie Mae's limits.

It's been a little harder to hit the SM cap on the fuel at least since prices have come down.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is your wife an AU on your DC? If not, she should PC her Citi Dividend to DC. She already has Freedom and Discover (I'm assuming It) for catagory spend, unless Dividend catagories work better for her. 2% for DC is better than 1.5% for Quicksilver non-catagory spend.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.