Frequent Contributor
JollehRoger

Which creditors want a balance to report?

[ Edited ]

I received a letter from Amex today. In the letter they apologized and said due to an error they forgot to include my FICO score and information about my APR when they sent the card so they were sending it now. In the FICO breakdown Amex said one of the things negatively impacting my score is too many accounts with balances. I was wondering which lenders want my balance on their card to report and which ones don't mind. I have 4 cards and my goal is to only have one of them report a balance but I feel like some lenders will get pissy about it. My guess is of the cards I have only Citi would mind about my balance not reporting. Or do the lenders not really care?

Scores: TU - 756 (Discover FICO - 10/01/2014), EQ - 716 (MyFico FICO - 12/1/2013)
Current Cards: NFCU cashRewards Sig - 5k, Amex BCE - 9.5k, Discover It - 5k, Citi Dividend WE- 5k, Chase Freedom - 4k
Last App: 6/10/2014. In the garden for a few years.
Frequent Contributor
Dubious

Re: Which creditors want a balance to report?

No one really cares. Individual lenders can see your activity even if you pay before statement closes. 

From the ones you have, the only one I've read that "cares" is Discover. Someone cited something like that Discover looks at balance or statement activity for CLI (per csr).

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}