Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is better and why?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which is better and why?

I'd like to apply for a few cards on line.  I have read where people have applied for a card online with no luck, but applied in the store and gotten results.  What is everyone's experience with this and what is the reasoning behind it.  My score just jumped 14 points and I wanted to possible take advantage of that....652 EQ.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Which is better and why?

Any baddies?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ (656) - Unpaid collection from 2001, Paid judgement from 2006, old auto loan w/several lates
TU (?)- Many medical collections, paid judgement, unpaid judgement from 2001
EX  (631) Medical collections
Message 3 of 6
topbananaboy
New Visitor

Go to Bankrate.com

Search for low or o% interest and apply...
Remember... activity and pay in full at the end of the month is the better option to a balace.

My question is if you have a home and a few good credit cards... Why do you worry about the score?

The lender will only lend you what you are able to pay... (income to debt ratio)
Not good to have many credit cards and not be able to use them...Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 6
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

topbananaboy wrote:
Go to Bankrate.com

Remember... activity and pay in full at the end of the month is the better option to a balace.

Actually, that is incorrect.  Maintaining balances with 1-9%  total util. is the best way to go for better scores.  Having a $0 balance report to the CRAs each month does not show that you can manage credit. 
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

topbananaboy wrote:
Go to Bankrate.com

Search for low or o% interest and apply...

My question is if you have a home and a few good credit cards... Why do you worry about the score?

The lender will only lend you what you are able to pay... (income to debt ratio)
Not good to have many credit cards and not be able to use them...Smiley Wink

Good question.  Like everyone else on here, I have a goal.  Mine is more so for self-satisfaction than anything else.  If I would ever need something, I want to know that my scores are good enough to get it...i.e, central air unit breaks...can I get a new one?  If there is not enough savings, the answer is no.  My scores aren't really that good, though much better than years past.  Watching them climb is an awesome feeling.  BTW, I don't have a few good CC's.  I have a Target card which I only recently acquired....I NEED MORE!!!! LOL.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.