cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is better for credit score? AMEX Charge or Credit?

tag
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Re: Which is better for credit score? AMEX Charge or Credit?

I was really hoping that you could get it at Walmart because that's where I do 90% of my grocery shopping.....it's so much cheaper than stand alone stores. I think I would save the same amount staying at walmart then to get the cash back from amex.
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 11 of 13
BornSupercharged
New Contributor

Actually this doesn't even matter because we shop at Target with our Debit RedCard (linked to checking) which gives me 5% off as it is. 

So back on topic I guess we'll wait in the garden for a while and let things settle for the next 6 months, then we'll apply for her a BCE of her own to boost her AAoA up.

We don't want to do the BCP because it has an AF and we won't be able to use it enough to warrant the AF since we use the CSP predominately (to make it worth its own $95 AF).  

Message 12 of 13
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Navigatethis

Just because a card does not report a limit, does not mean it is not factored into util. Some lenders don't report limits on their flexible spend cards (visa siggys/world mastercards), however, as far as I know, their balances still get used to calculate util.

Charge cards on the other hand are not counted into util (exception being the '98 (i think) scoring models)
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.