cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is the Best Amex to apply for?

tag
conazo

Re: Which is the Best Amex to apply for?

Thanks for the info, I think I'm gonna go for the blue delta skyline, since I'll be doing some flying eventually plus no AF.
Message 21 of 26
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

There’s absolutely no point in getting the blue card off the bat. it has FTF, it doesn’t give you free baggage. The only good thing is 2X points at restaurants and that’s not even really that good nowadays witn delta points value.

Your better off getting the Delta Gold for the first year since the AF is waived. Get some perks and a decent bonus. There’s a 50-60k bonus if you play around with private browsing or get a referral link from someone.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 22 of 26
red259
Super Contributor

As mentioned before why do you need a second amex? The best amex is going to be different for different people. It depends on your needs and whether or not you will utilize the benefits. I wouldn't even get a second amex unless you are really able to utilize it and it provides you with significant benefits. Amex has once in a lifetime bonuses, so its best not to apply for an amex card unless you really have a strong need/use for it and just hold out until there is the best bonus available for that particular product. There are some amex cards that don't do real bonuses like some of the business cards that give you 2 pts per dollar and it comes down to whether or not you are going to use the card.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 23 of 26
bz386
Frequent Contributor

The best Amex is the one you need. Op, it sounds like you don’t need one, so there is no best Amex for you. It also sounds like you are dead set on applying for something, no matter the advice everyone is giving you on here. Good luck.
Message 24 of 26
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Getting new credit cards should not be an end in itself.

Figure out what you want to do first.  Is there somewhere you want to go?  What airlines or hotel chains are most convenient for you?  Do you want rewards that maximize your value on one airline or would you rather use a more flexible rewards scheme?  What is your tolerance for annual fee?  Do you care about status/lounge perks?  How much are you willing to pay for them?  Would you rather just get cash back?  What categories get most of your spend?  How many cards do you want to carry around with you?

Figure out what kind of rewards work best for what you want to do, then get the cards that will help you get there.

Message 25 of 26
conazo

Thanks for the info
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.