Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is the best student cc?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which is the best student cc?

Hello,

I'm looking for a second credit card. I'm currently a student and working part time. I have one card which the CL is $1000. I only use about $100 a month and then PIF when it show up in my account online. My FICO EQ 654. No lates, no baddies. I was thinking discover, chase, and citi forward. What do you think?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Which is the best student cc?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I'm looking for a second credit card. I'm currently a student and working part time. I have one card which the CL is $1000. I only use about $100 a month and then PIF when it show up in my account online. My FICO EQ 654. No lates, no baddies. I was thinking discover, chase, and citi forward. What do you think?

Citi Forward would be my first choice because the CL's seem to be really big and of course the every 3 months CLI.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

Citi Forward would be my first choice because the CL's seem to be really big and of course the every 3 months CLI.

Does that go for every Citi card?

*guess I wont be closing my Citi card after it unsecures*

Message 3 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

According to the posts lately about citi, the CLI button appears online, 90% seem to be soft pulls and 10% ask for the form to be filled out.  There was just a very long post earlier this week about it.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

According to the posts lately about citi, the CLI button appears online, 90% seem to be soft pulls and 10% ask for the form to be filled out.  There was just a very long post earlier this week about it.

Thank for the info man. It seems that I'm learning lots of new credit-related information from you lately Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
smc733
Valued Contributor

Go with the Citi Forward card, you should be a guaranteed approval with a fair limit.

Chase is way too strict with the +1 MasterCard despite the fact that it IS supposed to be a student card.

And Discover student card, forget it.  They want way too much history, that by the time you have it, you're no longer a student.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a student with 2 credit cards. I started with the BoA Student Visa with an $800 limit, did a product change to the BankAmericard and have gotten the limit up to $2,000. I also recently applied for the Citi Forward card, and was approved with a $4,000 limit. My credit scores are in the 690 range and my oldest credit card is 2 years old.

Message 7 of 8
score_building
Senior Contributor

Affinity Federal CU has a nice one that is worthy of consideration:

http://www.affinityfcu.org/site/personal_youth_visa.html

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.