Established Member

Which is the best student cc?

Hello,

I'm looking for a second credit card. I'm currently a student and working part time. I have one card which the CL is $1000. I only use about $100 a month and then PIF when it show up in my account online. My FICO EQ 654. No lates, no baddies. I was thinking discover, chase, and citi forward. What do you think?

Epic Contributor

Re: Which is the best student cc?

Ineedcredit21 wrote:

Hello,

I'm looking for a second credit card. I'm currently a student and working part time. I have one card which the CL is $1000. I only use about $100 a month and then PIF when it show up in my account online. My FICO EQ 654. No lates, no baddies. I was thinking discover, chase, and citi forward. What do you think?

Citi Forward would be my first choice because the CL's seem to be really big and of course the every 3 months CLI.

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 705 Sync, EX 700 (04/20/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
83 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Contributor

Creditaddict wrote:

Ineedcredit21 wrote:

Hello,

Citi Forward would be my first choice because the CL's seem to be really big and of course the every 3 months CLI.

Does that go for every Citi card?

*guess I wont be closing my Citi card after it unsecures*

Epic Contributor

ifinet wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

Ineedcredit21 wrote:

Hello,

According to the posts lately about citi, the CLI button appears online, 90% seem to be soft pulls and 10% ask for the form to be filled out.  There was just a very long post earlier this week about it.

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 705 Sync, EX 700 (04/20/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
83 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Contributor

Creditaddict wrote:

ifinet wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

Ineedcredit21 wrote:

Hello,

According to the posts lately about citi, the CLI button appears online, 90% seem to be soft pulls and 10% ask for the form to be filled out.  There was just a very long post earlier this week about it.

Thank for the info man. It seems that I'm learning lots of new credit-related information from you lately :smileyhappy:

Valued Contributor

Go with the Citi Forward card, you should be a guaranteed approval with a fair limit.

Chase is way too strict with the +1 MasterCard despite the fact that it IS supposed to be a student card.

And Discover student card, forget it.  They want way too much history, that by the time you have it, you're no longer a student.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $10k/9.99% | Citi Dividend World MC - $12.1k/11.99% | Amex BCE - $20k/10.24% | Chase Freedom VS- $10k/15.24% | Barclay Ring $5k/8.0% | Discover it - $19k/11.99%
Established Member

I'm a student with 2 credit cards. I started with the BoA Student Visa with an $800 limit, did a product change to the BankAmericard and have gotten the limit up to $2,000. I also recently applied for the Citi Forward card, and was approved with a $4,000 limit. My credit scores are in the 690 range and my oldest credit card is 2 years old.

Current Cards: Chase Sapphire-$5,000, Local Credit Union-$1,000
Senior Contributor

Affinity Federal CU has a nice one that is worthy of consideration:

http://www.affinityfcu.org/site/personal_youth_visa.html

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.