Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is the right choice? **added info

tag
devineer1
Regular Contributor

Which is the right choice? **added info

I will be starting myself on a financial cleansing (snowball effect), beginning of the year (not a resolution, more of a after the holiday shopping cleanse) and I am just curious to know what I should do with two of the 3 secured cards I have...

Discover $1000 opened 02/15

Cap One $500  opened 11/15

Wells Fargo $500 opened 02/13

My initial thought was to close both the Cap and Wells get the deposits back and then put that on the Discover card, which I will then use for travel (work), and earn cash back for what ever the promotion is for the moment. I then thought to close the Discover and Cap One because my Wells is easily accessable from my checking account, it would raise the bal from $500 to $2000 (actually either way bal will go to $2000)... no rewards or cash back... and hopefully one day graduate and get all that back? Thoughts???

Thanks in advance!

*** I also have***

First Premier $300

Cap One Platinum $500 in credit steps will increase +$750

Cap One Quicksilver $500 in credit steps will increase +$750

Forgot to add those... thanks again

I am but a work in progress, taking one day at a time, learning to be more patient. In the Garden as of 12/01/15

Equifax 569
Trans Union 607
Experian 588

Goal to be at or over 650
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which is the right choice?

Keep all 3 until you are able to get unsecured cards. No reason to consolidate when you're still at the secured stage.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.