Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is your favorite card and why?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which is your favorite card and why?

Just for a fun discussion topic I figured I would ask everyone which card is your favorite, who its issued by, and why it is your favorite. Who knows maybe some of us will discover cards that we want or would like to get someday.

Mine is my Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard from HSBC simply because I am rebuilding and its my second card from them, has my highest limit so far, and I love Best Buy so every dollar I can put through this card I am going to in order to  maximize my points at BB.

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Which is your favorite card and why?

Pentagon FCU Platinum Cash Rewards Visa.

Message 2 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

why is that your favorite card and how hard is it to become a member of the Pentagon FCU?

Message 3 of 49
DI
Super Contributor

Discover More because it has the characteristics of a debit card.  I like seeing  the option to get cash back when at the grocery store. 
Message 4 of 49
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

cpacfp wrote:

why is that your favorite card and how hard is it to become a member of the Pentagon FCU?

It is easy to become a member of PenFed; anyone may qualify. It is not necessarily that easy to get the card. I actually have two of them: one for daily use which I pif and another with a 2.99% APR for life BT on it plus another amount I just allowed to revolve to test their revised payment application procedures.

The card is my favorite due to a large CL (mine are $10K and $8.2K, Her Ladyship's is $30K), no AF and generous rewards program that is easy to obtain the benefit of: The cash reward earned is credited directly to the account statement in the month earned.

Message 5 of 49
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Discover More is also high on my list due to a large CL and ShopDiscover which offers very generous cashback (uncappedin addition to the 5% (but capped) rewards in the quarterly categories. In my mind cashover is of limited value and I have never used it.
Message 6 of 49
DI
Super Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
Discover More is also high on my list due to a large CL and ShopDiscover which offers very generous cashback (uncappedin addition to the 5% (but capped) rewards in the quarterly categories. In my mind cashover is of limited value and I have never used it.

I used cashover twice. I will continue to use it.   I noticed since I haven't been using  my banks' ATM machine, they don't charge me $1.00 per month.  So Discover is saving me $12.00 yearly. 

Message 7 of 49
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

$1.00 a month for what? I have about six accounts with debit/ATM cards and none of them have ever charged me a cent (excluding Wachovia who charged me a fee of around $1.00 on a few occasions when I went into a bank and took out a very large cash advance on my debit card in lieu of using an ATM, something I was taught how to do by Fleet Bank when I lived in an area where there were no in-network Fleet ATM's).
Message 8 of 49
DI
Super Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
$1.00 a month for what? I have about six accounts with debit/ATM cards and none of them have ever charged me a cent (excluding Wachovia who charged me a fee of around $1.00 on a few occasions when I went into a bank and took out a very large cash advance on my debit card in lieu of using an ATM, something I was taught how to do by Fleet Bank when I lived in an area where there were no in-network Fleet ATM's).

I have no idea why they were charging me $1.00.  I didn't bother to call.  I been banking with the same bank since 2002.  It stopped since I haven't been using the ATM.  I actually stopped using the ATM a long time ago.  But occasionally I had to use it a couple of times.  And sure enough a $1.00 fee appeared on my bank statement.   I get free checking since I have DD.  I guess they want to make some money off me somehow since I never OD.

Message 9 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

cash over is gredit that use credit as a a main payment meathod. every month what's left checking and doesn't go into long term savings is placed in a yeild savings until the credit card get paid, so INeed spending cash I buy$0.98 A&W soda at wal-mart and get $20-$60 cash(upto $100 for walmart discover)

Message 10 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.