cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is your favorite card and why?

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Which is your favorite card and why?

@wmarat wrote:

1. American Express

2. PenFed Visa Platinum (overrated, underrated, not rated, they are the best)

3. Ameriprise World Elite Master Card (though issued by sub-prime Barclay, this card probably one of the best non CU cards)

4 - 5. Addison Avenue Visa Platinum.

5 - 6. Affinity FCU Visa Platinum.

5. Discover More

WMARAT-  Let me correct your error.  Look up.  LOL

Message 31 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just for a fun discussion topic I figured I would ask everyone which card is your favorite, who its issued by, and why it is your favorite. Who knows maybe some of us will discover cards that we want or would like to get someday.

Mine is my Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard from HSBC simply because I am rebuilding and its my second card from them, has my highest limit so far, and I love Best Buy so every dollar I can put through this card I am going to in order to  maximize my points at BB.

As odd as it may sound, my favorite card is my little old Orchard Bank Visa card. Yep, my little buddy, and a bit of self control, have taken my scores from the mid 500's to the upper 600's and low 700's.

I probably will feel differently when I move up to the big time and get a non sub-prime card or two. I think when the time comes to put the Orchard down, I'm going to frame it as a reminder that in everything, even small steps can make a big difference.

CB

Message 32 of 49
wmarat
Valued Contributor

To be honest I've been pretty satisfied with Amex. If Amex was less unpredicrable it would have a place in my list of best cards.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 33 of 49
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

My favorite card depends upon what I am buying...

PenFed: gas (5% cash back) and groceries (2% cash back)

Discover: whatever their 5% category might be for the quarter up to their tiny maximum...I use the card for these rewards...then back in the sock drawer until the next quarter

AmEx Delta Skymiles: earn airline miles for everything not included in the above 5% or 2%

PenFed (again): for places that don't take AmEx [soon to be replaced by National City when PenFed drops its 1.25% down to 1% in February]

I've never had any problems with cards being closed or having their credit lines declined (knock on wood...), so, my favorite card varies depending upon the reward being offered.

Message 34 of 49
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

NatCity soon to be replaced by PNC so we'll see how long that reward program lasts.
Message 35 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

my new Amazon Chase card! why? because it is my first prime!
Message 36 of 49
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
NatCity soon to be replaced by PNC so we'll see how long that reward program lasts.

I know...this makes me nervous. I called them when the website changed to PNC and asked them about their travel rewards for flights (1.25%), and they said all will continue.

Yeah...right. I have one free flight coming that I plan to use soon, and then I just watch it month by month. I assume it will change eventually.

Message 37 of 49
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Not in any particular order:

1.... Chase BP Visa....5% cash back on my gas (work travel is 500+ mi every week)

2.... Nationwide Visa....Great CL, 0% int first 6 mo, 0% int for 1 year on any automotive charge (baby needs some body work & a new paint job)

3.... Credit One (RIP).... Gave me a chance when I was in the gutter, allowing the positive history & age to GET the above two!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 38 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

nordstrom visa...amazing customer service, payment methods, rate..etc
Message 39 of 49
bakalao2k
Frequent Contributor

US Bank Visa.  25K limit and 5.99% APR.
TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 40 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.