cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is your favorite card and why?

tag
voidman
Established Contributor

Re: Which is your favorite card and why?

Chase Freedom.

Due to high CL 9k and I still enjoy the older top 3 in 15 category reward program. 

-void
Message 11 of 49
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Discover More.

Good customer service, nice rewards (if they're properly worked), and no problem with substantial CLIs.  They also don't seem to be overly anxious when I almost max out the card in any given month.

For personal use, I've pretty much made this my main card now.

Message 12 of 49
voidman
Established Contributor

Discover More is on my list now.
-void
Message 13 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still loving my Chase Freedom Plus. 3% cashback in my top 6 spending categories. Pretty much everything I put on the card falls within this range and I've made a LOT of money back on this card in a year and a half.  I'm waiting for them to discontinue the rewards program and when they do I'll use a different card, but for now, I'm making atleast $100 a month on this baby, I love it.
Message 14 of 49
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm still loving my Chase Freedom Plus. 3% cashback in my top 6 spending categories. Pretty much everything I put on the card falls within this range and I've made a LOT of money back on this card in a year and a half.  I'm waiting for them to discontinue the rewards program and when they do I'll use a different card, but for now, I'm making atleast $100 a month on this baby, I love it.

You've been MIA. Welcome back!
Message 15 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You've been MIA. Welcome back!

Thank you!!!

Things are finally settling down a little for me this week. So, this was my first stop.  

Message 16 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@voidman wrote:
Discover More is on my list now.

+1

I have not heard anything bad about this card and would love to get into the discover family although I am not "worthy" of that family yet. But that is one of my future card goals when I get there. Slow and steady to get there but I will get there eventually and the Discover More Card will be the one that welcomes me in.

Message 17 of 49
DI
Super Contributor

Seems like Discover is winning the best card category.  It truly is a one of kind card. It's the best card ever!!   Blue Cash from AMEX is good too.  I got a CLI just after two months. Maybe AMEX  were just apologizing for starting me with a $2000 limit. 
Message 18 of 49
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Discover More is a good second card, but I really don't think it is the best card. The rewards program isn't really good enough for that.
Message 19 of 49
DI
Super Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
Discover More is a good second card, but I really don't think it is the best card. The rewards program isn't really good enough for that.

Having the card with it's credit line intact and not worrying about an AA outweighs the rewards program.   One can have a card that offers the best rewards.  But when the credit line decrease it quickly become the worst card ever.  

Message 20 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.