tag
KhuKhu
New Contributor

Re: Which lender best for Auto Cli's?

@enharu wrote:

@KhuKhu wrote:

@qt33 wrote:

Not Home Depot!

I opened my acct in Sept 2011 and never got a CLI. My parents constantly get CLI's with there HD acct. So I called and asked how come I never got any CLI's. The rep told me they discontinued that feature with new accounts. She said they used to do it but so many people complained, so they discontinued the practice. She then advised that if you want your account to be considered for periodic automatic CLI's, you have to request that feature....

People complained about the auto CLIs?

Most of the time no, but for the more "useless" cards, I can see it happen.

Not everyone wants a 10k CL on a GAP card for instance, and most people do not have very high income as well. It can get frustrating if a certain lender keeps giving you auto CLI on a card that you don't need high CL on, and that in turns steers away other cards that you deem to be more useful and would like to have a higher CL on.

I see, gotcha.

Message 11 of 13
qt33

Thanks, that makes sense because I honestly thought the rep was lying. I was thinking who would complain about a CLI increase? But that makes sense to complain on a useless account.

As Of 8/2013: Equifax=683, Experian=666, TransUnion=661

Message 12 of 13
KhuKhu
New Contributor

@qt33 wrote:
Thanks, that makes sense because I honestly thought the rep was lying. I was thinking who would complain about a CLI increase? But that makes sense to complain on a useless account.

"Aww man, not another $10K Home Depot CLI! I guess i'll buy more wood...."

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.