Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which lenders do SP CLI

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Which lenders do SP CLI

Which lenders do SP CLIs? I know cap one does, but what other lenders? 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Which lenders do SP CLI

Synchrony Bank

Ron.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex, Citi sometimes, Barclays sometimes, Comenity sometimes

Message 3 of 13
Ron1
Super Contributor

Discover Card.

Cap 1

Ron.

Message 4 of 13
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm I can't believe I forgot about amex. I stopped asking for CLIs with them a long time ago when I approached 35k overall credit. I don't want to give them a reason to look at my account closer and the credit I have with them is sufficient for my needs. For Barclays and Citi do you just click request a CLI and then if it will be a SP it tells you that?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 5 of 13
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@red259 wrote:

Here's my list of lenders that I know of:

(0) Capital One: 181 days after last CLI. 75 days or 91 days after opening, sometimes earlier, YMMV. 

(1) AMEX: 181 days after last CLI, or 91 days after last rejection

(2) Discover: YMMV but 91 days since last CLI is a good measure. Mostly SP CLIs; sometimes it may ask your permission to do a HP if it thinks you're iffy (no clear pattern to that)

(3) Citi: 181 days since last CLI. Will give you SP CLIs or tell you if they want a HP. You can ask for more than what they gave you and it'll be an HP. Some cards may be HP only, not sure about that. 

(4) US Bank: 181 days since last CLI; generally SP if the CLI amount is $1.5k or less. I've had some (limited) success with $2k SP CLIs. https://www2.usbank.com/cgi_w2/cfm/credit/usb_cards/manage/usb_card_chg_main.cfm?Page=Limit

(5) Barclays: Online requests are HP; a roundabout route is available for now. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-BarclayCard-CLI-Soft-Pull-thread/td-p/3...

(6) Chase: Only if they offer it to you, when they're happy. If you ask for it, it's an HP. 

(7) Comenity & Synchrony seem to be SP but I'm not a cardholder, so not very sure.

Edited to add: Cap One.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm I can't believe I forgot about amex. I stopped asking for CLIs with them a long time ago when I approached 35k overall credit. I don't want to give them a reason to look at my account closer and the credit I have with them is sufficient for my needs. For Barclays and Citi do you just click request a CLI and then if it will be a SP it tells you that?

For Citi, it will tell you if a credit report is going to be pulled.

For Barclays, in order to get a SP Cli, you have to call in and ask to check on a APR reduction and theyll transfer you to a different department.  Ask them to check for interest rate reductions and after that is done, ask them to check for a SP CLI. If you ask online oe just call up and ask for a CLI, it will always be a HP.

Message 7 of 13
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@red259 wrote:

(0) Capital One: 181 days after last CLI. 75 days or 91 days after opening, sometimes earlier, YMMV. 

(2) Discover: YMMV but 91 days since last CLI is a good measure. Mostly SP CLIs; sometimes it may ask your permission to do a HP if it thinks you're iffy (no clear pattern to that)

(3) Citi: 181 days since last CLI. Will give you SP CLIs or tell you if they want a HP. You can ask for more than what they gave you and it'll be an HP. Some cards may be HP only, not sure about that. 

(4) US Bank: 181 days since last CLI; generally SP if the CLI amount is $1.5k or less. I've had some (limited) success with $2k SP CLIs. https://www2.usbank.com/cgi_w2/cfm/credit/usb_cards/manage/usb_card_chg_main.cfm?Page=Limit

(5) Barclays: Online requests are HP; a roundabout route is available for now. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-BarclayCard-CLI-Soft-Pull-thread/td-p/3...

(6) Chase: Only if they offer it to you, when they're happy. If you ask for it, it's an HP. 

(7) Comenity & Synchrony seem to be SP but I'm not a cardholder, so not very sure.

Thanks for great info.

Ron.

Message 8 of 13
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Thanks for great info.

Ron.

You're welcome. 

Caveat emptor: This is all from personal experience with some validation from other members' stories on here; tomorrow someone can get a different experience Smiley Happy 

Message 9 of 13
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

I have the CITI Best Buy visa card and would love to have an increase from the toy CL that I've had with them for years (long before CITI even took them over). 

Would that request for a CLI be an SP?

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.