Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which lenders update when you PIF card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which lenders update when you PIF card

Timing is not everything but it is still relevant if OP chase card is the one with the worst utilization. slamming it to 0 with an auto update can bring scores up more than someone that is paying off his accounts month to month with high util. Over time its nothing and there is no memory of month to month but again if you are planning a special attack it is worth looking into. I've said before just because account statements cut it doesn't mean they get reported I still have a lot of runners way behind. the August numbers barely posted for Barclays that I BT to zero a while back.

So the roundabout way chase and discover, I agree very good about it and Barclays forget it wait an extra month or more
Message 11 of 12
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Which lenders update when you PIF card

@Anonymous wrote:
That is probably why he is inquiring. I don't have patience. I want all my inquiries close together so they age off together as I am house shopping in just over a year. So you can understand why I want my points now. OP has a good valid question, I chose not to question his intentions because I was sure there was good reasoning just likemyself👊✌

+1 Its amazing that even a simple question and people start questioning the motive of the person asking. It was a general question that I was thinking about given I am spending quite a bit to meet initial signups and my statements don't close for another month. Since I am going to make a payment anyway I figured I'd see which lenders might update right away, so that I can lower my overall util by making that payment first since I am going to make a payment on one of my cards anyway. No big mystery. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.