Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which major card to choose?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which major card to choose?

My score by Fico is 720 for now.

I have Mastercard from my local bank, the only one I've had for years.

Credit cards are bombing me with "preselected" offers, like GM, City, BoA, Amex and others.

Should I go now for Visa or Amex as I already have a MC?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Which major card to choose?

@Anonymous wrote:

My score by Fico is 720 for now.

I have Mastercard from my local bank, the only one I've had for years.

Credit cards are bombing me with "preselected" offers, like GM, City, BoA, Amex and others.

Should I go now for Visa or Amex as I already have a MC?

Thanks.

Go for the Discover More card followed by an AMEX no annual fee card.  Good luck!

Message 2 of 6
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Which major card to choose?

For best FICO, score 3 cards is considered minimum.  I would add one now and one in 6 months.      Take your time and pick one you like.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which major card to choose?k

Thank you, guys.

I knew I needed more than one card for a better score but was postponing opening a new one as was contemplating purchasing a new car. Now that my older car runs and runs, will apply for one, think will start from Amex.

Message 4 of 6
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you, guys.

I knew I needed more than one card for a better score but was postponing opening a new one as was contemplating purchasing a new car. Now that my older car runs and runs, will apply for one, think will start from Amex.

The Discover More card has a nice feature like a debit card.  If ever you're at a grocery store or other participating stores, and you need some cash, you can use the cashover feature to get cash.  It's  treated like a purchase, so the APR would be the same as the purchase rate.    That's a card I strongly would encourage anyone with good credit to consider. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks DI, I will look at that.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.