Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which number should I call at HSBC

tag
jk26978
Regular Contributor

Which number should I call at HSBC

Hello.....I had briefly mentioned my situation in "replies", however, I am trying to post this the right way....what I need your help with is this: in Aug 2010 I was approved for a $2000.00 cl with HSBC, but...in October 2011 I received a letter from them stating that they had reviewed my account and was decreasing my limit to $305.00...I had done nothing different since the initial approval....I hardly used the account....they had listed that my score was 550 on September 2011...when I called the number on  the letter the 1st rep that I spoke with really couldn't help me with anything...she couldn't even close my account so she transferred me.  The next one asked what my letter said and proceeded to inform me that this was just a "standard form" letter generated and mailed and that they had noticed that I hardly used my card and just figured that I didn't need the $2000.00 limit and that if I started using the card, after a couple of months it may be increased back up.  Long story short, I contacted them thru their online email through the account website and the email that I received back just said that they would be more than happy to oblige with my increase just to log in and press the "request increase". 

My question is this....more than likely that will cause a "hard pull", thus dropping my score?? They provided their 800 number,or should I call the Credit Analyst number listed on here in the forums???

Thanks so much in advance for your guidance

Starting Score: 650 Current Score: EQ:674 (SW Alert 12-28-15) - TU: 698 (5/27/13 SW)Chapter 7 filed 8/2009 - Discharged 12/2009 Goal Score: 750
Joined the garden again 12/5/13
In the garden again till at least 6/1/16

http:
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
sandman2435
Established Contributor

Re: Which number should I call at HSBC

Call the credit analyst using the 800 number listed in the forums,I did on friday and was able to get $200.00 increase.Also the person I talked to informed me of what accounts are going over to Cap1..It looks like that HSBC is only keeping the prime accounts and everything else is going to Cap1..including retail accounts like Best Buy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.