cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which of my cards are likely to give me a 6 mo CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which of my cards are likely to give me a 6 mo CLI?

Are any of the following generous with CLIs and likely to give me one at the six mo mark? I just got them 4ish months ago.

Citi DC - $2500 (Put about $1000/mo on it and PIF)

Capital1 QS - $3000 (Put $1000 when I got it, but since have just been paying it off over time to keep it active)

BoA Better Balance - $1000 (About $25.01/mo Smiley Tongue)

Amazon Rewards - $2000 (Barely use)

I don't NEED more credit, but as is my util sits at around 20% if I just wait till my due dates to PIF which is kind of annoying. Are any of these good bets? Should I hold off on new apps till the 6 mo mark passes?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Chris679
Established Contributor

Re: Which of my cards are likely to give me a 6 mo CLI?

Citi does SP CLI every 6 months, Cap One will do them from time to time and BoA requires HP
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Are any of the following generous with CLIs and likely to give me one at the six mo mark? I just got them 4ish months ago.

Citi DC - $2500 (Put about $1000/mo on it and PIF)

Capital1 QS - $3000 (Put $1000 when I got it, but since have just been paying it off over time to keep it active)

BoA Better Balance - $1000 (About $25.01/mo Smiley Tongue)

Amazon Rewards - $2000 (Barely use)

I don't NEED more credit, but as is my util sits at around 20% if I just wait till my due dates to PIF which is kind of annoying. Are any of these good bets? Should I hold off on new apps till the 6 mo mark passes?

Citi, possibly Cap1.

Message 3 of 11
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

try the cap on luv button. If that does not work, email the capital one CEO. If you dont know his email just google it, it will come up. Somone should contact you from his office in a couple of days. Be prepared to discuss why you want the CLI and to explain how much you want to work with cap one and like them ect....

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris679 wrote:
Citi does SP CLI every 6 months, Cap One will do them from time to time and BoA requires HP

Hmm ... never had an auto CLI from Citi but all CLIs have been requested SP going back to 2009.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my Cap One since January, 2008. It was an Orchard Bank card, and at that time Orchard Bank was one of the few alternatives available to me because I was working my way through a giant pile of accumulated debt and had multiple lates from between 2004 and 2006. The limit on the card is still pretty low at $1800, but I've seen three CLI's since I've had the card. One I requested, and two they did without asking.

Message 6 of 11
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

try the cap on luv button. If that does not work, email the capital one CEO. If you dont know his email just google it, it will come up. Somone should contact you from his office in a couple of days. Be prepared to discuss why you want the CLI and to explain how much you want to work with cap one and like them ect....

+1

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Man I didnt know CAP1 had a luv button... Last year I received a $1500 CLI to have a $2000CL and have not heard a peep since. Always wanted to have an increase but didnt want a HP. Waiting for their silent SP increase is getting old.

Message 8 of 11
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Definitely Cap1 every 6 months use the CLI button it's always a SP.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 9 of 11
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Try Capital One since they basically advertise that they give a CLI after 6 months (after that, it can be sporadic).

The thing is, no one can really tell you for sure. We can tell you our experiences with certain lenders, but lenders do not just give CLI because you've had a card a certain amount of time. Some people feel and act like that is the case, but it's not. If you use the card responsibly and use some of the limit and then pay it down, you "should" get an increase after several months via SP, but, it really depends on the lender. Some just don't give them out very much, or very easily. It sucks, but better to prepare yourself for reality. There is no lender other than Capital One that I can think of who actually advertise that you get a CLI after x amount of time, because so many factors go into it.

Citi and BOA are not known for being especially generous. I think BOA does a HP whenever you want an increase. Citi seems to give people low limits in general, but I believe they offer SP CLI's after some amount of time.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.