cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which of these banks report AUs to credit bureaus?

tag
NewSurrender
Contributor

Which of these banks report AUs to credit bureaus?

So my fiancee and I are planning on buying a house in two years, and although our credit isn't bad, we want to have the best credit possible. I've already added her as an AU on my Amex BCP, but I was wondering which ones of these banks would report authorized users to credit bureaus?

Note: We DON'T have the same address, unfortunately, so preferably we would need cards that ask for social security numbers.

Banks I Have Cards With

• Chase
  • Discover
  • Large amount of GE cards (At least five)
  • Bank of America
  • Capital One
  • Barclays
  • U.S. Bank
  • DSNB (Macy's)
  • Comenity Bank
  • American Express (I already added her to my BCP, but also have a Zync)

Banks She Has Cards With

• Bank of America
  • Discover
  • Comenity Bank
  • DSNB (Macy's)
  • Citibank (Store card - Zales, if that matters)

Out of all these banks, would any of them report an AU if they don't share the same address? Would any of them report an AU if we did have the same address?

Also, can we double dip as far as AUs go? For example, we both have Discover It cards. If I add her as an AU to my card, hypothetically, would her credit report have two different Discover It cards reporting? Or would I not be able to add her as an AU if she already has the same card, but under her name?

Thank you very much in advance for the help.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

Re: Which of these banks report AUs to credit bureaus?

I know Discover does. They also didn't remove them off my CRs either after I removed myself as AU. It keeps reporting as no balance/open. YMMV with that though.

I don't see why you couldn't double dip either. I doubt Discover would really pay attention or care, and if they do, it doesn't hurt to try.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 2 of 11
NewSurrender
Contributor

@b_seeker wrote:

I know Discover does. They also didn't remove them off my CRs either after I removed myself as AU. It keeps reporting as no balance/open. YMMV with that though.

I don't see why you couldn't double dip either. I doubt Discover would really pay attention or care, and if they do, it doesn't hurt to try.

That's great news, since we both have Discovers.

Message 3 of 11
sarkell
Frequent Contributor

True I was on my discover on my moms. It went from year open and my oldest account. I was taken off after a year kept reporting until account closed. I'm pretty sure its helped me over the years.
Cards: CSP $5k, Capital One Cash Rewards VS $3100, Discover it $3k Capital One MasterCard $600, Orchard Bank $3k, Barclays Rewards MC $1250 Gapcard $900, BR $300, Neiman Marcus $1k, Macys $1200 Walmart $500
In the garden until I can get a BCP

Starting Score: 534
Current Score: 682 EQ SW 660 TU 636 EX 3/26/13
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 11
NewSurrender
Contributor

@sarkell wrote:
True I was on my discover on my moms. It went from year open and my oldest account. I was taken off after a year kept reporting until account closed. I'm pretty sure its helped me over the years.

Would it still report even if we don't have the same address?

Message 5 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@NewSurrender wrote:

So my fiancee and I are planning on buying a house in two years, and although our credit isn't bad, we want to have the best credit possible. I've already added her as an AU on my Amex BCP, but I was wondering which ones of these banks would report authorized users to credit bureaus?

Note: We DON'T have the same address, unfortunately, so preferably we would need cards that ask for social security numbers.

Banks I Have Cards With

• Chase
  • Discover
  • Large amount of GE cards (At least five)
  • Bank of America
  • Capital One
  • Barclays
  • U.S. Bank
  • DSNB (Macy's)
  • Comenity Bank
  • American Express (I already added her to my BCP, but also have a Zync)

Banks She Has Cards With

• Bank of America
  • Discover
  • Comenity Bank
  • DSNB (Macy's)
  • Citibank (Store card - Zales, if that matters)

Out of all these banks, would any of them report an AU if they don't share the same address? Would any of them report an AU if we did have the same address?

Also, can we double dip as far as AUs go? For example, we both have Discover It cards. If I add her as an AU to my card, hypothetically, would her credit report have two different Discover It cards reporting? Or would I not be able to add her as an AU if she already has the same card, but under her name?

Thank you very much in advance for the help.

The ones in bold I know for sure report AU's. Not sure about the rest.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 11
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

Citi and BoA report too but they sometimes have issues reporting with different addresses. Actually any cards that don't ask for the AU's SSN may have those problems. I read, in Citi's case at least, that calling them can sort out the problem.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 7 of 11
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Macy's DOES list AU's.

I'm not sure about ALL GE cards, but walmart and jcpenney do.

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 8 of 11
NewSurrender
Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

Macy's DOES list AU's.

I'm not sure about ALL GE cards, but walmart and jcpenney do.

Do you happen to know if any of those 3 ask for SSN? Would be awesome to add my fiancee to my Walmart and JCP card, that's a $13,500 cushion to help with her utilization. And my JCP is my second oldest card as well.

Message 9 of 11
rex_03
Contributor

Chase,Discover, Amex do definitely. It should also be listed out or defined in the card member agreement. I know Chase puts that in their agreement literature
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.