cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which of these creditors are likely to blacklist me?

tag
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

Which of these creditors are likely to blacklist me?

Hi everyone, this idea came from another thread concerning the macys card. It's a given I am done with them for good. Here is the list of the other credit cards/creditors and such from my 1996 CH-13 BK and recent `07 CH-13. If you would please point out the ones whom I will never have a chance with again so I will know where not to waste inquiries with in the coming years. On the otherhand, those I might stand a chance with once my current mess is straigtened out would be nice to know as well

1996 BK

GMAC - Auto

Citibank Visa
Discover

store cards:
Sears + Major Purchase Line
JCPenney
Bealls
Dillards + Major Purchase Line
Lowes
Macys - charge off not included in BK due to clerical error
Foleys - defunct now macys
Neiman Marcus
Saks Fifth Ave- closed for non use ( not listed in BK )
Service Merchandise - defunct/closed for non use ( not listed in BK )
Marshall Fields + Target Line/defunct now Macys
Target
Speigel
Exxon
Citgo

Latest BK. This one gripes me. Grand total CC debt... 5K, but due to not working for months due to injury, I had no other option but to file BK due to having 68K in medical bills and growing

Capital One Auto loan
Capital One - 3 cards
HSBC/Orchard - 2 cards
Victorias Secret
Metro Style
Directv
Verizon Wireless
BofA checking overdraft balance
EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which of these creditors are likely to blacklist me?

As I stated in the other post to you, I burned Sears and Discover hardcore. Discover actually garnished my wages (well, not them, but Pressler and Pressler...Discover sold my account off to them).

I have heard but not sure if it's true that Discover blacklists. Sears, I heard might be forgiving...I believe Citi now runs them. I burned Citi too, but I dunno if that matters as I have an ExxonMobil card from them. Then again that's only $300.

Makes me want to call Discover and find out if I'm blacklisted.

Message 2 of 26
DI
Super Contributor

All of them.
Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, decided to bite the bullet on Discover. Before I did, this is what I did.

Called the Discover customer service line. Spoke to a female CSR. Apparently I still have an account with them and asked if my account could be reopened. She said that the account could not be reopened, but I was welcome to reapply. As far as she knows, Discover does not black list. I figured what the hey, I'm hoping it went to EX if it went anywhere. I am sure it didn't go to TU as I would have been easily approved. Hopefully this INQ results in my 3rd CC with a decent limit. Discover isn't a crappy card anymore...most places accept them now. LOL. I think if I get denied I will write my first GW letter. I will write one every week until I get a response. LMAO.

I did get this though, you think I'll be denied?:

Thank you.

Your Application is Being Processed

We have received your application but need to perform additional processing before we can provide you with a decision. Within 5-7 days we will send you more information at the address provided on your application.

Your reference number is: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You can check the status of your application any time at discover.com/checkstatus.

We thank you for choosing Discover Card.

Message 4 of 26
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I received a pre-app offer from Discover after burning them, took them up on it and was approved for initial CL of $8.1K. My account's APR is 2% lower that the lowest rate now offered for a new account.
Message 5 of 26
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As I stated in the other post to you, I burned Sears and Discover hardcore. Discover actually garnished my wages (well, not them, but Pressler and Pressler...Discover sold my account off to them).

Did you ever live in NJ?

I bet your account was sold to New Century Financial, a JDB with an illegal cross ownership relationship with Pressler and Pressler who are their collector/attorneys. If not Pressler and Pressler has also done collection work for Greenwood Trust Company an entity closely related to Discover. Pressler and Pressler is the worst CA in the US. If you have not done so run a google search and take a look at what they have done to others. Interesting point: consumer debt cases are heard in the Law Division, Special Civil Part of the NJ Superior Court. Sheldon H. Pressler, principal of the firm has sat on practice committee of the Special Civil Part - the body that governs oversight of the Special Civil Part. Sound cozy?

Message 6 of 26
DI
Super Contributor

I had an account with Discover I opened in 2000.  The account was closed due to late payments and default. 

I received a new card July 2009.  

Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you ever live in NJ?

I bet your account was sold to New Century Financial, a JDB with an illegal cross ownership relationship with Pressler and Pressler who are their collector/attorneys. If not Pressler and Pressler has also done collection work for Greenwood Trust Company an entity closely related to Discover. Pressler and Pressler is the worst CA in the US. If you have not done so run a google search and take a look at what they have done to others. Interesting point: consumer debt cases are heard in the Law Division, Special Civil Part of the NJ Superior Court. Sheldon H. Pressler, principal of the firm has sat on practice committee of the Special Civil Part - the body that governs oversight of the Special Civil Part. Sound cozy?

I'm born and raised in NJ. I did commute to CT for 3 months.....will never do that again. But NJ is my home for the forseeable future.

But yes, this was back in 1997, when I was in a different place in both life and my career. (I was basically a reckless young punk). P&P would never get away with that garbage today. I didn't know such things as vacating judgements or showing up to court if you get served...lmao. A lot of folks here got hip to their game here and they aren't doing nearly as well as they have been when they got me. There are still many who are uninitiated, but not as much as before.

BTW, NJ is arguably the land of Cozyness. But I won't get into that.......

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh wow....mine was way older. What kind of limit did you get compared to what you had before. They actually gave me $1500 when I was in college.....(sigh......)
Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, just ran CCT and Discover pulled EQ. Guess I'll patiently wait. Now I have 4 INQs on EQ that were made this past year. (the others were credit unions, PennFed and Nasa).

I will let you know what the verdict is. Only baddies are a near 7 year old repo, a CO that's supposed to fall this month, and the public record which should get fixed to Paid Tax Lien by next month. Everything else is good and showing positive-ness. :-)

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.