cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which of these creditors are likely to blacklist me?

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Which of these creditors are likely to blacklist me?

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, just ran CCT and Discover pulled EQ. Guess I'll patiently wait. Now I have 4 INQs on EQ that were made this past year. (the others were credit unions, PennFed and Nasa).

I will let you know what the verdict is. Only baddies are a near 7 year old repo, a CO that's supposed to fall this month, and the public record which should get fixed to Paid Tax Lien by next month. Everything else is good and showing positive-ness. :-)

Should have waited a couple of months. Good luck on the app.

Message 11 of 26
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh wow....mine was way older. What kind of limit did you get compared to what you had before. They actually gave me $1500 when I was in college.....(sigh......)

My limit was $2500 in college, and its $2500 now. 

Message 12 of 26
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

So far we have acertained MACY's will be a no go for launch, and Discover is a maybe. Any others?
EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lajntx wrote:

So far we have acertained MACY's will be a no go for launch, and Discover is a maybe. Any others?

A common and rewarding theme in this forum is "Why not try your local or a national CU? 

Message 14 of 26
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

Ah Yes! and if you had seen the other posts I have had with TXJohn concerning CU's, you will find that oddly I am that 1:1,000,000,000 that currently has no access to a local CU. Since I am moving in January to be a better local with some very good names in terms of CU's, I dont think it will be worth my time to try and find a loophole with a national one.
EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lajntx wrote:
Ah Yes! and if you had seen the other posts I have had with TXJohn concerning CU's, you will find that oddly I am that 1:1,000,000,000 that currently has no access to a local CU. Since I am moving in January to be a better local with some very good names in terms of CU's, I dont think it will be worth my time to try and find a loophole with a national one.

You might have some lucky with NASA. I haven't asked them for credit yet, because of my Pennfed experience, but they seem like they will work with me if I want them.
Message 16 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Just realize that NASA pulls all three CRA's, last I heard. And it seems like there was a post in the last month or so about them being a bit stingy these days.

Very cool card designs, though.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Just realize that NASA pulls all three CRA's, last I heard. And it seems like there was a post in the last month or so about them being a bit stingy these days.

Very cool card designs, though.

That's good to know.

In my case, I joined them about a few months ago...February if I'm not mistaken. They only showed up on EQ Not on EX or TU. They might have started doing the all three recently. I did not try getting a card from them as I was put off by my Pentagon Federal experience. 

Perhaps the local CU may be the way to go. The local one by me (Liberty) only reported to EX. This was about a couple of years ago though, but obviously, I did not want to waste my time. There are others in NJ that I could probably look into though, but Liberty from my recollection was the largest and very near to me. Then again, I hardly ever need to deal with a teller, anyway. Most of my banking is done online or ATM with BOA as there is a bank on every block it seems...lol. But thanks for letting me know about NASA though. 

Message 18 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

OK, now that's interesting about the EQ only for NASA. I wonder if it's just EQ simply to join, and they pull all three for a CC? If anything, they might have changed to just using one. The three-pull bit was how it was in the past. Maybe they've finally calmed down a bit.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did not try getting a CC. It was only to join. If it was like PenFed, they would have just used that pull within the first 30 days, I would imagine. But I can not tell you if I will get pulled for 3 or not if I try going for a CC, though. So what you said may still be valid.
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.