cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which of these creditors are likely to blacklist me?

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Which of these creditors are likely to blacklist me?

My understand is that it was a one pull for membership and a three pull for the CC's.

I would love to hear that has changed. (That and that the CC's limits are not now small. Last thing I need is a three pull for a low limit.)

For some reason I always considered this bunch in the same bracket as (maybe a little higher than) JFCU. On that I can pass.

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lajntx wrote:

So far we have acertained MACY's will be a no go for launch, and Discover is a maybe. Any others?

Well, here is an update on Discover. Keep in mind my original limit with Discover was $1500.

I applied for the Discover More card. I got a wierd letter saying I was not approved for the card with the original terms but I may be approved for a card with different terms. I tried calling them back but was on old for 20-30 minutes. This was a few days ago. I figured I would call them again when I got back from vacation.

Anyway, I called them back and they approved me for $2000 CL 1% cash back, yadda yadda yadda. APR I believe is low, but it's irrelevant because I'm a PIFer. I have no AF, so I have achieved my objective of replacing my Hooters Card (and at a higher limit, to boot). This card will help me maintain my other two cards at lower utilization (I don't have to burden them like I currently do now).

So what have we learned, boys and girls? Discover definitely does not black list (as was evidenced by others) and I guess it was worth the INQ on my EQ.

I am definitely not going to apply for anymore credit cards. YIPPEE! Smiley Very Happy

Message 22 of 26
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Congratulations! Nice approval for you!

(Read the details of the rewards program very carefully. It's better and worse than 1%!)

Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 09-03-2009 04:24 PM
Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

(Read the details of the rewards program very carefully. It's better and worse that 1%!)

I'm not sure what you mean (and I don't mean you writing "that" instead of "than"). Could you explain? The best rewards I have is my WorldPoints, and from what I've seen and read, they suck. From what I understand, the Discover rewards don't expire(??)

I know in order to get the 1%, I have to spend $3k within the year (that's not exactly difficult to do...lol). I also know for the 5%, I get rotating catagories or something. It seems awfully confusing, but from what I read it's way better than my WorldPoints that expire in 5 years...which I will try to buy plane tickets to vegas with them....lmao.

The Discover card will definitely be used for groceries and possibly other bills/stuff that I need. Will try to match that up with the shopdiscover.com site....but I think it will be a fun game. LOL. I'm just happy that I have a 3rd card. After 11/2014, I will probably go for AMEX as my 4th because my credit will be super clean and 800+ LMAO. (That's when my released tax lien goes away....EX and EQ updated within a couple of days...guess they figured since I didn't want to get rid of it, just give me the paid.....)

Message 24 of 26
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

(Read the details of the rewards program very carefully. It's better and worse that 1%!)

I'm not sure what you mean (and I don't mean you writing "that" instead of "than"). Could you explain? The best rewards I have is my WorldPoints, and from what I've seen and read, they suck. From what I understand, the Discover rewards don't expire(??)

I know in order to get the 1%, I have to spend $3k within the year (that's not exactly difficult to do...lol). I also know for the 5%, I get rotating catagories or something. It seems awfully confusing, but from what I read it's way better than my WorldPoints that expire in 5 years...which I will try to buy plane tickets to vegas with them....lmao.

The Discover card will definitely be used for groceries and possibly other bills/stuff that I need. Will try to match that up with the shopdiscover.com site....but I think it will be a fun game. LOL. I'm just happy that I have a 3rd card. After 11/2014, I will probably go for AMEX as my 4th because my credit will be super clean and 800+ LMAO. (That's when my released tax lien goes away....EX and EQ updated within a couple of days...guess they figured since I didn't want to get rid of it, just give me the paid.....)

It was an AM typo.

It is a good program. The program does require a bit of management and knowledge though. I think you've got the basics correct. ShopDiscover can really pump out the rewards.

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can read past typos...doesn't phase me.

I had to do some research into what I agreed to with the lady. The rewards, in all honesty is a bonus. The only criteria I cared about was having a 3rd major credit card with a decent limit (and I consider $2k decent...may not be $10000, but my AAOA is between 1 and 2 years....) that charged me $0 AF. Of course, at this stage of the game, rewards are a bit nice. At least with B&N, I get $25 gift cards that I do use personally. But getting a little cash back/some discounts is nice.

WorldPoints I am going to have to accumulate for a while. That's going to be my workhorse card. I still have yet to use the free balance transfer option (which in all honesty, I'm afraid to....I really don't want to do that with the whole pay-your-other-CC-bill-with-the-BOA-CC-and-have-another-20-something-days-because-it's-treated-like-a-purchase thing. I feel it will open the door to those bad habits (personally) I try to avoid.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.