cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which of three are more commonly accepted in Japan?

tag
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

Re: Which of three are more commonly accepted in Japan?

Thanks for responses.   She isn't staying a hotel.  She is going to go and visit a cousin who is in the Navy,  stationed there.

Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

Its not really japan related , but more far east related. When i went to thailand in september. If they accept CC at its usually MC first, then visa. Cash was most important because an lot of places didn't take CC. Also something that was kind of weird was when i wanted to buy an ticket from Bangkok to ChiangMai they wouldn't accept my CSP. They wouldn't allow foreign credit cards. At the fancier restuarants and when i got my haircut they did take CSP with no problem. 

So you used Baht? Used to live in Thailand. Did you get to Bankok or Udon?

Message 22 of 23
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Its not really japan related , but more far east related. When i went to thailand in september. If they accept CC at its usually MC first, then visa. Cash was most important because an lot of places didn't take CC. Also something that was kind of weird was when i wanted to buy an ticket from Bangkok to ChiangMai they wouldn't accept my CSP. They wouldn't allow foreign credit cards. At the fancier restuarants and when i got my haircut they did take CSP with no problem. 

So you used Baht? Used to live in Thailand. Did you get to Bankok or Udon?

I used baht when i used my csp to pay for things yes. Last time i went i stayed half in chiang mai, where i have an friend i went to high school lives. The other half was in bangkok where my family lives. We did take an weekend trip to hua hin. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.