cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which one for Cli? BCE or Delta? 0% offer?

tag
JMCB
Regular Contributor

Which one for Cli? BCE or Delta? 0% offer?

So as you all know, you only get one Amex Cli every 6 months. I have a Delta and a Blue Cash Everyday Card. I use both about equally. Both are at $4000 SL. This is their first CLI. I'm really looking for a card that may offer Balance transfers in the Future. I don't really care for the miles or points on either. So which card do you think would offer any offers in the future or do you think neither would offer them? Thanks for the help choosing!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which one for Cli? BCE or Delta? 0% offer?

I have never been offered a balance transfer on my Amex Blue, but I did receive a 0% APR offer on purchases for 6 months in December that expired this month. 

I'd like to see you combine your Capital One cards; close the store cards and get either a Chase Slate (depending on 5/24) or Citi Diamond Preferred card for balance transfers. 

Message 2 of 4
Noctilum
Frequent Contributor

Given your info, I would say the Blue Everyday Card mainly because it seems more versitile for spending/rewards.  However, you state you don't care about rewards and spending is equal between the two so really it doesn't matter.  Maybe consider you could want to cancel the Delta card due to annual fee.  I am not sure if Amex lets you move limits from co-branded cards to theirs.

Message 3 of 4
JMCB
Regular Contributor

Well the reason I don't really care about rewards is because of my Blispay Card and Sparks card. Both are 2% cards, the best offered and better than a point per mile card. Unless I use my "category" cards that offer 5%. But I still mostly stick with my 2%.

I burned Citi 10 years ago for $5000 and they still won't forgive. :-/ And Chase, I can't because of the 5/24 rule.

And I plan on combining my capital one cards in the next 30 days. Waiting for them to pull an updated credit report and then going to request CLI on all 3 and then combine.

I think I will request BCE since no annual fee. Didn't think about that.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.