Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which order should I do this?

tag
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Re: Which order should I do this?

@09Lexie wrote:
Not sure about the time frame..just know that an unpaid tax lien once paid will not make your CS drop.

Oh we are talking about credit score dropping..lol

I often don't know what the heck is going on..ha ha!!!

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 21 of 26
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Maybe I wasn't clear- but yes, I was referring to credit score.
Message 22 of 26
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Obviously if you don't need the charge card, don't apply for it. It is very possible to get a revolver without first having a charge card.

My opinion would be to apply for what you want the most first since thatis likely when your report will look its best. So, given your grocery spending do BCP first.

I don't know anything about tax liens - but for those who do - should the OP be wary of paying it off and resetting the clock on that item??? Would it be better to leave it unpaid and drop off in 4 years or pay it and keep it on there for 3 extra years?

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 23 of 26
shanac
Frequent Contributor

UPDATE: I applied for Freedom ($6K) and BCP ($8.5K) online yesterday and was instantly approved. Today I took the plunge and applied for CSP. Was confident I could successfully recon if needed. Was instantly approved online for $9K! So thankful I didn't have to recon.

My UTIL was at 12%. My unpaid tax lien on EQ still remains but wasnt a factor because Chase pulled TU and EX. Amex pulled EX. Citi was reporting my $5k CL so I felt I i had a good chance. My scores had dipped a bit due to the increased UTIL.

Thanks for all of your advice!

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

Current Score: EQ FICO 764 TU FICO 776 EX FICO 753
Goal Score: 800
Message 24 of 26
myjourney
Super Contributor

@shanac wrote:
UPDATE: I applied for Freedom ($6K) and BCP ($8.5K) online yesterday and was instantly approved. Today I took the plunge and applied for CSP. Was confident I could successfully recon if needed. Was instantly approved online for $9K! So thankful I didn't have to recon.

My UTIL was at 12%. My unpaid tax lien on EQ still remains but wasnt a factor because Chase pulled TU and EX. Amex pulled EX. Citi was reporting my $5k CL so I felt I i had a good chance. My scores had dipped a bit due to the increased UTIL.

Thanks for all of your advice!

WTG congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 25 of 26
shanac
Frequent Contributor

Thank you!

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

Current Score: EQ FICO 764 TU FICO 776 EX FICO 753
Goal Score: 800
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.