Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which order should these apps go in?

tag
CarnegieS
Regular Contributor

Which order should these apps go in?

- Chase freedom CLI (increased to a minimum of $5,000 and then converted to a visa signature card)

- Fidelity Amex (2% rewards)

- BCP (noting appears to beat 6% on groceries and 3% gas isn’t too bad either)

I am asking on behalf of someone else, but they would like to know which order these should go in for the best results? Looks to me like all three might pull Experian but hopefully the high fico will make the computers overlook that. 

On a side note: Can anyone confirm that chase will offer a counter offer if they can’t grant the initial request? 

Amex Delta Gold: $5400| BofA Better Balance: $1500 | Sallie Mae: $1300 | Discover It: $500
719 TU, 685 EQ, 728 Ex.
Entered the garden : 5/8/14
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Re: Which order should these apps go in?

@CarnegieS wrote:

- Chase freedom CLI (increased to a minimum of $5,000 and then converted to a visa signature card)

I am asking on behalf of someone else, but they would like to know which order these should go in for the best results? Looks to me like all three might pull Experian but hopefully the high fico will make the computers overlook that. 

On a side note: Can anyone confirm that chase will offer a counter offer if they can’t grant the initial request? 

I would do:

1.  Fidelity

2.  Chase CLI

3.  BCP

I would do Fidelity first because you want to get the best possible CL.  Next, work on the Chase CLI (can't answer your question about the counter offer).  Finally, I would do BCP last because chances are you'll be approved with a high FICO, Amex is not particularly INQ sensitive AND even if you start with a relatively low limit, you have the 3x- 61 day soft pull CLI.

Message 2 of 5
CarnegieS
Regular Contributor

@Dw4250 wrote:

@CarnegieS wrote:

I would do:

1.  Fidelity

2.  Chase CLI

3.  BCP

I would do Fidelity first because you want to get the best possible CL.  Next, work on the Chase CLI (can't answer your question about the counter offer).  Finally, I would do BCP last because chances are you'll be approved with a high FICO, Amex is not particularly INQ sensitive AND even if you start with a relatively low limit, you have the 3x- 61 day soft pull CLI.

I like the logic there! Thanks for the help. 

Now if someone can confirm/deny if chase counters offers that seems to be the only question remaining. 

Amex Delta Gold: $5400| BofA Better Balance: $1500 | Sallie Mae: $1300 | Discover It: $500
719 TU, 685 EQ, 728 Ex.
Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@CarnegieS wrote:

@Dw4250 wrote:

@CarnegieS wrote:

I would do:

1.  Fidelity

2.  Chase CLI

3.  BCP

Now if someone can confirm/deny if chase counters offers that seems to be the only question remaining. 

call directly into underwriting and they will counter - ask for $20k

Message 4 of 5
CarnegieS
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@CarnegieS wrote:

@Dw4250 wrote:

@CarnegieS wrote:

I would do:

1.  Fidelity

2.  Chase CLI

3.  BCP

call directly into underwriting and they will counter - ask for $20k

Thanks for the help as always. I checked the backdoor thread but not sure which number you are speaking about. Is “Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recons)" the correct one to pick? Thanks in advance!

719 TU, 685 EQ, 728 Ex.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.