cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which points/miles do you value the most?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which points/miles do you value the most?

@Anonymous wrote:

After making a ticket reservation for a friend tonight and seeing how valuable SWA pts are, I'd say they are up there with Chase UR.

1.76cpp

Southwest points are good, but you can get better redemption rates through other airlines. The good thing about SWA is the points have fixed value. It makes things easy and hassle free. However, that is also the bad thing about SWA points. I have never transferred UR points to SWA and will likely never do so. I save my UR points and use them when I can get higher redemptions. I value UR points a little over 2 cents per point, but the redemption value I have gotten from them is higher. 

Message 11 of 25
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

If Korean air comes back I can see my self dumping some ur to Korean air to get at least five cpp hopefully.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:
If Korean air comes back I can see my self dumping some ur to Korean air to get at least five cpp hopefully.

Korean Air will be back this year. At least I read something to that effect. 

Edit: Link - http://millionmilesecrets.com/2014/12/26/chase-ultimate-rewards-points-transfer-to-korean-air-return...

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

2cpp to vegas 2+mos out on SWA
Message 14 of 25
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I have only read rumors about it. Won't believe it till I see it. I would do either business to bkk which is seventy k one way or the 40k business to Hawaii from east coast RT. Until I see Korean air back I assume they won't be. I could do Singapore air to Germany

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Am I the only one who has never been able to find two seat of Delta Award space to take advantage of the 25k RT to hawaii? Sometimes I wonder if they even exist

Message 16 of 25
madnutz
New Contributor

How do you use avios on alaskan? Well I know you have to call in to book the flight using avios but why are they so valuable? Everytime i check on alaskan the miles needed is way more htan if i just use avios on british airways site to book it, it doens't make sense to me

Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to Alaska air dot com and search for flights with the lowest fare, those will be bookable with avios point.

For example, LA to Seattle. The lowest fare is 12.5k. You can book those with your avios point for 7500.
Message 18 of 25
madnutz
New Contributor

gotcha so they are not a 1:1 ratio? is there a calculator or chart that tells me how many alaskan miles is equal to avios?

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alaska miles and avios are not comparable.

Avios is distance base. Best use of avios are flights that are between 1-650 miles for 4.5k and 651-1150 miles for 7.5k.

Alaska as great partner airlines. Low fuel surcharges on international flights. For example, I can book a round trip from LAX to ICN (Seoul) business class on korean air, a380, non-stop for 110k + $149.00. That flight would cost me close to $5000.00.
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.