cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which should I apply for? CSP or Palladium?

tag
oracles
Valued Contributor

Re: Which should I apply for? CSP or Palladium?

@CreditScholar wrote:
J is business class, F is first class.

Thank you

Message 51 of 60
CS800
Super Contributor

@bribro wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@bribro wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:
Would you pay $595 a year just to upgrade from the regular Siggy concierge to the Pd? Lol

If you're that worried about paying a $595 annual fee and not getting your money's worth, the Palladium card probably isn't for you. There are better cards out there for people who want to get the most bang for their buck, or no buck in the case of no AF cards.

As I've said before, the value of the Palladium card comes from the intangibles and perks. For example, I have had luck with the JPM concierge getting me into several supposedly booked restaurants. They also gave me United Club access for free (YMMV). The primary CDW is a nice bonus as well. And hey, if I die overseas they'll send my remains back home; I hope I don't have to take advantage of that service anytime soon though.

I don't have that perk with my Palladium. Did you have to call them and request or was it given to you?

Yes, I called and asked. As I said, YMMV since it's not an official benefit. For exceptions like this, the account executives will likely look at the entirety of your JPMC relationship. If all you have is the Palladium card and you pay it off in full (thus not paying them interest), they may not be as quick to give you something for free that costs them hundreds of dollars (UC membership). If you have $50mm being invested through a JPM banker, that's a different story.

I called them and they are sending me the United Club access also. Thanks for pointing that out. Smiley Happy

Message 52 of 60
bribro
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@bribro wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@bribro wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:
Would you pay $595 a year just to upgrade from the regular Siggy concierge to the Pd? Lol

If you're that worried about paying a $595 annual fee and not getting your money's worth, the Palladium card probably isn't for you. There are better cards out there for people who want to get the most bang for their buck, or no buck in the case of no AF cards.

As I've said before, the value of the Palladium card comes from the intangibles and perks. For example, I have had luck with the JPM concierge getting me into several supposedly booked restaurants. They also gave me United Club access for free (YMMV). The primary CDW is a nice bonus as well. And hey, if I die overseas they'll send my remains back home; I hope I don't have to take advantage of that service anytime soon though.

I don't have that perk with my Palladium. Did you have to call them and request or was it given to you?

Yes, I called and asked. As I said, YMMV since it's not an official benefit. For exceptions like this, the account executives will likely look at the entirety of your JPMC relationship. If all you have is the Palladium card and you pay it off in full (thus not paying them interest), they may not be as quick to give you something for free that costs them hundreds of dollars (UC membership). If you have $50mm being invested through a JPM banker, that's a different story.

I called them and they are sending me the United Club access also. Thanks for pointing that out. Smiley Happy

Awesome! I really feel like they should make this an official benefit of the card. With the close relationship between UA and JPMC, it shouldn't be too expensive to add. Some kind of airline status would be a nice benefit too, although I suspect most Palladium cardmembers have elite status anyway.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 53 of 60
swpopham
Established Contributor

@bribro wrote:

Awesome! I really feel like they should make this an official benefit of the card. With the close relationship between UA and JPMC, it shouldn't be too expensive to add. Some kind of airline status would be a nice benefit too, although I suspect most Palladium cardmembers have elite status anyway.

Since I think there are only 3 of us with the card on this board. I dropped down to the JPM Select card. The problem you will have with mixing cards is you have to call PD service or CLI or issues. The normal chase underwriting wont do the JPM cards. But the JPM underwriters will do the Chase cards. I really liked the cards but the attention and securtiy concerns got to much for me and the wife to stomach. We had our card passed around at restraunts or had cashiers yell at her friend HEY WE GOT A RICH PERSON CARD HERE. its annoying and the CSP is bad but not nearly we hear all the time this card is heavy or they look for the numbers on the front or say sorry we dont take that is not a visa.... until they flip it over. PD card is not for everyone its cool yes but the JPM dose everything I need including the hidden tradeline that we leave 20-40k sitting hidden on it to finance different projects for us.

I missed the thread when it started!

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 54 of 60
CS800
Super Contributor

@bribro wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@bribro wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@bribro wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

The good thing is the united club access also works with star alliance members too. I have priority pass with AMEX already.

Message 55 of 60
TM82
Regular Contributor

@swpopham wrote:

@bribro wrote:

Since I think there are only 3 of us with the card on this board. I dropped down to the JPM Select card. The problem you will have with mixing cards is you have to call PD service or CLI or issues. The normal chase underwriting wont do the JPM cards. But the JPM underwriters will do the Chase cards. I really liked the cards but the attention and securtiy concerns got to much for me and the wife to stomach. We had our card passed around at restraunts or had cashiers yell at her friend HEY WE GOT A RICH PERSON CARD HERE. its annoying and the CSP is bad but not nearly we hear all the time this card is heavy or they look for the numbers on the front or say sorry we dont take that is not a visa.... until they flip it over. PD card is not for everyone its cool yes but the JPM dose everything I need including the hidden tradeline that we leave 20-40k sitting hidden on it to finance different projects for us.

That's the reason why I don't even swipe the Pd card with me.  The one time I used it in a restaurant I saw out of the corner of my eye 5-6 employees handing it around, doing the imaginary scale motion with it, and one of them even slammed the card down on the counter.  Ever since then when I use the card, I always use it in places where I swipe myself. 

Right now the Pd card is reserved for UR mall portal shopping.  So it has be re-evaluating it's necessity, even more so that I just got the Club card so that has my lounge access handled.  $595 is a hefty price for a card that I only use for online shopping but I keep on holding out hope that they'll add some nice benefits to it and I'll miss out on trying to have to re-acquire the card (I can totally see getting the response that I have too much credit with Chase already). 

My Cards
American Express Blue | American Express Premier Rewards Gold | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase United Explorer | Chase United MileagePlus Club | JPMorgan Palladium

Message 56 of 60
CS800
Super Contributor

@TM82 wrote:

@swpopham wrote:

@bribro wrote:

I was curious about that myself.

I think there are some Centurion holders in here too

Message 57 of 60
bribro
Valued Contributor

@TM82 wrote:

@swpopham wrote:

@bribro wrote:

That's the reason why I don't even swipe the Pd card with me.  The one time I used it in a restaurant I saw out of the corner of my eye 5-6 employees handing it around, doing the imaginary scale motion with it, and one of them even slammed the card down on the counter.  Ever since then when I use the card, I always use it in places where I swipe myself. 

Right now the Pd card is reserved for UR mall portal shopping.  So it has be re-evaluating it's necessity, even more so that I just got the Club card so that has my lounge access handled.  $595 is a hefty price for a card that I only use for online shopping but I keep on holding out hope that they'll add some nice benefits to it and I'll miss out on trying to have to re-acquire the card (I can totally see getting the response that I have too much credit with Chase already). 

I too try not to let the Palladium card leave my hands. Having your credit card passed around by random people gets real old real fast. Even worse, I've seen people take pictures of the card, even the back with the numbers on it! Not cool.

I did order a plastic version to avoid situations like this - the plastic version looks identical to the J.P. Morgan Select card.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 58 of 60
CS800
Super Contributor

@bribro wrote:

@TM82 wrote:

@swpopham wrote:

@bribro wrote:

I too try not to let the Palladium card leave my hands. Having your credit card passed around by random people gets real old real fast. Even worse, I've seen people take pictures of the card, even the back with the numbers on it! Not cool.

I did order a plastic version to avoid situations like this - the plastic version looks identical to the J.P. Morgan Select card.

The metal version scratches very easily too. So I tend to use the plastic version mostly.

Message 59 of 60
swpopham
Established Contributor

It wont work in the gas/diesel pumps around here either. Id end up using amex mostly
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 60 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.