cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which stores can you do the shopping cart trick on?

tag
jbrown773
Contributor

Re: Which stores can you do the shopping cart trick on?

Are some harder to get than others? I got the VS for 250 but nothing happens for express. 

Starting Score: EQ FICO 582, TU 614, EX 528 9/13
Current Score: EQ FICO 648, TU 678, EX 663
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 41 of 55
highfrogs
Established Member

It seems like VS offers credit to anyone who walks through the door (mostly), and rules only apply to others. Smiley Tongue

In My Wallet: Duck Card 10000, Beaver Card 5000, Paypal Smart Connect 1600, Barclay Card 1500, DiscoverIT 1500, Citi Thank You Preferred 1200, Care Credit 1200, Victoria's Secret Store 750, Citi AT&T Savings & Rewards 600, Express 250, Brylane Home 250
FICO Scores: TransUnion 690 (01/14), Experian 686 (11/13) and Equifax 695 (01/14)
Goal: 750+
Want: Citi Dividend, Chase Freedom, Amex Blue Cash Everyday, US Bank Cash +
Message 42 of 55
mhaines

This trick worked for me @ VS but so far the other 10 or so I've tried no pop up window has come up. I'm rebuilding my credit so getting my first retail card was needed. Just sucks its for VS and not J crew or express, the g/f is happy about it. lol

VS approved for $500 with an average credit score of about 630.

Message 43 of 55
minimist
New Contributor

Worked for me for Ann Taylor and OneStopPlus.com last week for $250 each, with low 600 scores. The Ann Taylor one was perfect timing, so many Black Friday discounts stacked on top of the immediate 15% percent they give you for making your first purchase with the card. I probably won't use the OSP one for anything as I'm not plus sized and don't like their accessories/shoes (they do have a nice selection of hair products though). It'll just be there to help out with util.

Message 44 of 55
mhaines

both of those worked for me, I accepted one stop plus but not ann taylor. I really want express, buckle and jcrew but non of those will work.

Message 45 of 55
toi34
Established Contributor

@minimist wrote:

Worked for me for Ann Taylor and OneStopPlus.com last week for $250 each, with low 600 scores. The Ann Taylor one was perfect timing, so many Black Friday discounts stacked on top of the immediate 15% percent they give you for making your first purchase with the card. I probably won't use the OSP one for anything as I'm not plus sized and don't like their accessories/shoes (they do have a nice selection of hair products though). It'll just be there to help out with util.

Which bureau did Ann Taylor pull? How did you enter your name -- with or without middle name or middle initial? I'm DYING for this card...been trying ALL SUMMER! LOL...

Message 46 of 55
mhaines

enter your info exactly like it is displayed on your credit report

Message 47 of 55
toi34
Established Contributor

I know that...but which credit report??? My name is displays differently between reports whixh is why I asked her which bureau they SP'd...

Message 48 of 55
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@toi34 wrote:

I know that...but which credit report??? My name is displays differently between reports whixh is why I asked her which bureau they SP'd...

Ann Taylor pulled EQ for me.  I'm in Cali.  Last EQ score I saw was from September and was ~670.  At the time, numerous baddies.  Was offered $250 but didn't accept.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 49 of 55
minimist
New Contributor

@toi34 wrote:

@minimist wrote:

Which bureau did Ann Taylor pull? How did you enter your name -- with or without middle name or middle initial? I'm DYING for this card...been trying ALL SUMMER! LOL...

They softed EQ, I got the popup for the Loft card as well but when I accepted it I got the "We'll get back to you in 10 days", more than likely because you can't have both. NBD since one of those cards can be used at both stores and I shop there a lot anyway Smiley Happy

And no I didn't put my middle inital, I actually never do but it somehow makes its way onto my cards....my address I put exactly, and its always tricky because I use my post offices physical address and I have to include my box # as an apartment #, AND the zip code is different than the PO Box address. It always works though, I never give out my home address ever.

Message 50 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.