cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which stores can you do the shopping cart trick on?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which stores can you do the shopping cart trick on?

Hello all!!
I'm new to this forum and would like to start rebuilding my credit towards a new house. I have tones of years without a credit card and bad credit. I will be opening a secured credit card soon too. I just read this conversacion and tried the trick with VS and got approved for $250. This is so awesome, since I always received denials. Question? Can I applied the same day to different cards? After I got approved for VS I did applied for NY&Comp. and got the message the been review and will get a letter in 7 to 10 days.

Did I do something wrong? Thanks for all your help, finding this forum is the best I could get these days.

Message 51 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all!!
I'm new to this forum and would like to start rebuilding my credit towards a new house. I have tones of years without a credit card and bad credit. I will be opening a secured credit card soon too. I just read this conversacion and tried the trick with VS and got approved for $250. This is so awesome, since I always received denials. Question? Can I applied the same day to different cards? After I got approved for VS I did applied for NY&Comp. and got the message the been review and will get a letter in 7 to 10 days.

Did I do something wrong? Thanks for all your help, finding this forum is the best I could get these days.

Welcome to the forums.  Yes, you can try the shopping cart trick more than once in a day.  The 7-10 day message is very common when applying for credit cards.  It doesn't mean you were denied.  If you want to know what their decision is now you can always call them.  In the stickies there are numbers for Comenity and other credit card issuers.  Good luck

Message 52 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Irish80 thanks a lot for your help, hope I keep improving my score, need this asap.
Message 53 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding my Credit also..  Last few weeks, I did the shopping cart trick on the following.  I have been using Chrome and Internet Explorer and getting the pop ups.  I always clear my cookies before heading to a website.  Sometimes I get lucky with the pop up.  Sometimes I don't.  I am wanting the Pier One Card and the Sportsman Guide MC,  but I can't get the pop ups to work. 

Loft $500

HSN $750

Brylane Home $250

Avenue $250

Anne Taylor $500

Victoria Secret $350

Express Net $500

JCrew $250

One Stop Plus $500

Target $300 - Favorite

Kohls $300 - Favorite

One Stop Plus $500

Jessica London $500

Marathon - $250

Monroe Muffler Card - $900

My credit score is only 616, due to my divorce.    I have 2 Capital One Credit Cards $300 Each and 1 Credit One Card with a $600 limit.  Its all a work in progress. Also for people who don't know what their credit limit is, wait for a couple hours and go to the Comenity Payment Website for that store.   You can enter you SS# etc and other info and find out your credit limit.  You don't need your card number to this. 

Message 54 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I applied for the Monroe Card and had a hard pull.  But I am satified with my limit. 

Message 55 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.