Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which to App for?

tag
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Re: Which to App for?

@bossmann wrote:

I wouldnt go with Amex since you have 3 collections at Experian wich amex check usually so your chances for Amex are zero

On the Transunion and Equifax you are golden and go for whatever crads that check Transunion-Equifax wich Citi Bank is good for it

Respectfully disagree with this. 

*8/10/13
Message 21 of 45
bossmann
New Visitor

@dodfire wrote:

@bossmann wrote:

I wouldn't go with Amex since you have 3 collections at Experian which amex check usually so your chances for Amex are zero

On the Transunion and Equifax you are golden and go for whatever crads that check Transunion-Equifax which Citi Bank is good for it

dod what's there to disagree.Its really simple the po didn't want to waste an inquiry for something that its almost deny

Message 22 of 45
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@bossmann wrote:

@dodfire wrote:

@bossmann wrote:

I wouldn't go with Amex since you have 3 collections at Experian which amex check usually so your chances for Amex are zero

On the Transunion and Equifax you are golden and go for whatever crads that check Transunion-Equifax which Citi Bank is good for it

dod what's there to disagree.Its really simple the po didn't want to waste an inquiry for something that its almost deny

What is there to disagree you ask?

The fact that you just told the OP that he has ZERO chance for approval with AMEX because of 3 collections that are over 3 years old. He has a GREAT score, good payment history, established cards, MORE than enough to overcome the 3 collections.

Not that I am an expert but just looking back over my data here on the forums I have spent just over 84,000 minutes on these forums reading, learning and helping others.

I would be willing to put money on the fact that the OP can get AMEX right now....

Bottom line I disagree with you coming here and telling the OP that he has a zero chance of approval.

We are all entitled to our opinions, thus the reason I said I respectfully disagree with your statement.

*8/10/13
Message 23 of 45
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I guess it would depend if the collections are paid but in all likelihood the 3 collections would warrant a triple pull and OPs other bureaus are clean. To be safe, there's always the charge card route, get approved then try for a revolver.

I have to agree with LS and dodfire- OP should have no issues with the 3 stated...might even through in the BoA Better Balance Rewards since there's a banking relationship.
Message 24 of 45
ficochat
New Contributor

update - silly things like work got in the way.

Just got instant approval for the 1st card I apped for - Discover iT card - $6,500 CL. 

WOO HOO!!!

Message 25 of 45
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I believe that the OP does have a shot at Amex.

I was approved for a 22k revolver with an old paid collection from 2009.

I think OP should go for a charge card.

When I got my first charge card, I had a paid judgment reporting as well as the aforementioned collection

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 26 of 45
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Wow congrats!!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 27 of 45
ficochat
New Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

Wow congrats!!

Thanks!  It feels REALLY good to be approved for a prime card with a great limit!!!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 28 of 45
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS on that Discover!!!

Now off to the Chase freedom app!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 29 of 45
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@ficochat wrote:

update - silly things like work got in the way.

Just got instant approval for the 1st card I apped for - Discover iT card - $6,500 CL. 

WOO HOO!!!

Very nice!!! Congrats!!!

*8/10/13
Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.