Established Member
pushingfor700

Which to pay to Increase score????

Hello all, I am trying to get my score back up. And need to know what would be the best way to do it.

Here are my cc balances. 

Mcys- Bal-$530/ CL-$1,100

Khls - Bal-$143/CL-$300

Tgt- Bal-$225/CL-$500

Httr- Bal-$102/CL-$500

Wes-Bal-913/CL-$1,000

Hsbc-Bal-$25/CL-$300

Hsbc-Bal-$542/CL-$600

NFCU- Bal-$4559/CL-$5,000

Would it be best to bring the utilization down to 10% for all the cards except the NFCU. 

Our should I put all money toward paying down the NFCU card. 

I figured if I paid all the others down then I would only have 1 cc bill. 

What would be the best situaiton to see an increase in my credit score?

Thanks for your help. 

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Which to pay to Increase score????

If all your accounts you have, have balances, I think you would see the most score boost by paying as many off as possible.
Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 NASA(10-6-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
63 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Moderator Emerita
LilMirth

Hi Pushingfor 700! :smileyhappy:

If high utilization is the only thing holding your scores down, then getting your utilization down to somewhere between 1 and 9%, with less than half of your cards reporting a balance (ideally only one) should give you a significant boost. Currently, your overall utilization is at 75.69%. Three of those cards are maxed out at over 90%-- that's hurting you a LOT.

How much money do you have available to reduce these balances? Do you have a lump sum that your were planning to use in your debt reduction? Are you inquiring as to how best to snowball the debt?

-------------------------------------------

Friendly, Supportive & Respectful

Understanding Your FICO Score  |  Credit Scoring 101  |  Common Abbreviations  |  FTC: FCRA Links  |  FTC: FDCPA Links  |  Opt-Out  |  State Resources

"However gradual may be the growth of confidence, that of credit requires still more time to arrive at maturity” ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Established Member
pushingfor700

I have about $2200 right now. And that  would cover the all the cards with the exception of the NFCU card.
Contributor
lphelps

Personally... I would pay off all the other cards and requet CLI's from all of them especially NFCU to 10/15k
7/16/09 - EQ 684, TU 691

7/25/09 - EQ 682 (-2) 7th INQ did it.
8/21/09 - EQ 684 Bounced back from the Inq even though none expired. There was a new credit account opened on the same day. *shrug*
10/23/09 - EQ 691

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}