cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which would give me a higher chance for a CLI?

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Which would give me a higher chance for a CLI?

@LearningMoreAboutCredit wrote:
Consistent on time payment history and very good use as well as time (unfortunately, sometimes more than a year) will yield a CLI. It takes more than a few months to establish that with any creditor. Follow the advice given and try again in about 6-8 months.

+1

Usage on the CC will be key.  An item to keep in mind, although auto-CLIs do happen with BOA, they are infrequent.  Your best route is to check with them once you've build enough history.  And, if no pre-approved (SP) CLI is available, you'll need to go with HP - which tends to be the outcome in most cases for a CLI with BOA.

Message 11 of 12
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Which would give me a higher chance for a CLI?

@BOSScredit wrote:

But I don't want to take the chance when they're overlooking my history to see if I'm worthy of a CLI and say  "Oh gee, why should we give him a CLincrease when his statement reads $0?

No chance to it.  It's their account.  They know the history.  They don't have to rely on reported balances on your credit report.

@BOSScredit wrote:

Ive just asked for a CLI because I spent so much money in so little time, but they said no because my account has only been open for four months.

There you go.  That's what you need to work on.  Just give it time and manage it responsibly.  6 months is the generic recommendation anyway.  Just keep in mind that even usage and time do not guarantee CLI's.  If your credit has other issues that don't meet a given creditor's underwriting requirements then you may need to work on those as well.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.