Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which would you pay first?

tag
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Which would you pay first?

While it is tough, putting it towards the Cap1 seems like it can be more beneficial in the long run. It can also grow more as compared to a VS card.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 11 of 16
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

I would pay either Cap One $450 and VS $150 -or- split 50/50.
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 12 of 16
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

VS announced that there will be no more catalogues.  CAP1 all the ay

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 13 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Meanmchine wrote:

VS announced that there will be no more catalogues.  CAP1 all the ay

No more VS Catalogs?  Smiley Surprised

My grandfather is going to be ticked... although I'm sure my grandmother will be OK with it.  Smiley Very Happy

(my grandfather is 93)

Message 14 of 16
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

$630 / $700 is 90%.  That's maxed.  Get it down ASAP.

It's not just a matter of scoring but risk (and potential AA) as well.  Switch to basing it on APR once you get it down to 50% or so.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless you have some specific purpose for needing your score high now or for that particular card I would say the Cap1.

I say this because we are talking about real world money you would be saving and all of these cash back rewards aren't worth much if you are losing your money to recieve them. With that said either choice is fine since we aren't talking about back breaking amounts of debt. The split also isn't a bad idea but again it just depends on your overall objective for making a larger than normal payment. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.