Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Gave Me Credit.com

tag
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

Who Gave Me Credit.com

At this website, customers tell you who approved or did not approve them for a credit card, the scores they had at the time and other pertinent information like annual fees, derogs on their credit report, etc.

Thought it might be helpful.

www.whogavemecredit.com

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Who Gave Me Credit.com

We've used it a lot over the years, but it has gone seriously downhill.

You never know if people are using FICO's or FAKO's, or if they even know which CRA was pulled. Lots of other info is pretty shaky, and the site has gotten cluttered up with some pretty gross stuff.

But that being said, it's a start. Just don't take it as gospel, that's for sure.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

are there any better websites out there for this sort of info?
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

creditboards dot com has am excellent credit pulls database that is updated constantly and seems to have far more details than whogavemecredit.
Message 4 of 11
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
creditboards dot com has am excellent credit pulls database that is updated constantly and seems to have far more details than whogavemecredit.

While the info there is more accurate, there are several sections that are old & I have never been able to add to it.  Seems to take forever to lose your "training wheels" over there.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The stickied info on the board is a bit stale, and the posting is so fast an furious that you have to keep bumping your posts just to get some more folks to read your questions, however, the credit pulls DB is quite fresh and updated consistently.
Message Edited by mrancier on 02-26-2010 01:53 PM
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
We've used it a lot over the years, but it has gone seriously downhill.

You never know if people are using FICO's or FAKO's, or if they even know which CRA was pulled. Lots of other info is pretty shaky, and the site has gotten cluttered up with some pretty gross stuff.

But that being said, it's a start. Just don't take it as gospel, that's for sure.
It would be really useful if myfico.com started a similar site, except that only posters from the forum would be allowed to post to it. That way, you'd have some control over the quality of information. It would be extremely useful... 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sounds like an excellent idea, but I'm afraid that it may be a conflict of interest for FICO.  I imagine it would not look good to their clients if they start helping people make informed decisions about who to apply for and when, based on the score needed and which Bureau they pull.  Look at what happened with Experian.  Some companies might not like that.  I do think that this forum is kept pretty clean and orderly, so a similar DB here would be quite useful, but the one at creditboards is quite good.
Message Edited by mrancier on 02-27-2010 08:55 AM
Message Edited by mrancier on 02-27-2010 08:55 AM
Message 8 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

It's more a question of how we could set it up within the Lithium (forums host) format. Believe me, the idea has been kicked around a lot.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 11
bakalao2k
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.