cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who HASN'T been F/R'd by AMEX and isn't superstitious?

tag
SenorDragon
Valued Member

Re: Who HASN'T been F/R'd by AMEX

I got my Costco AmEx in March and I haven't thus far.

Message 11 of 44
sandsanta
Contributor

@teenastie wrote:

@pmbrian wrote:

@teenastie wrote:

@android01 wrote:

With so much talk about the dreaded AMEX F/R, I thought I'd start a thread to see who HASN'T been subjected to an FR

I haven't. Smiley Happy

He has 2 tumbs and he's pointing at me Smiley Very Happy although I have been asked to make a $1,000 payment mid month...

Amex called you and asked you to make a payment mid month?  What card do you have?

They did not call... They sent an email and I called them. I racked up $2,000 in charges my first month of having my card... My truck needed 4 new tires which was nearly a grand in itself... Smiley Indifferent

I carry an Amex Zync

They tend to do this a lot more now on Charge accounts.

I haven't been FR'd. 

Message 12 of 44
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I haven't had a FR with Amex. If Amex one day decides to demand one, I will kick them to the curb without any hesitation.

Message 13 of 44
android01
Valued Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Not me.

lol, we could edit the thread title to read "Who HASN'T been F/R'd by AMEX and isn't superstitious?" Smiley Very Happy

Done. Smiley Very Happy

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 14 of 44
teenastie
Established Contributor

They tend to do this a lot more now on Charge accounts.

I haven't been FR'd. 

The rep actually said, "We would like to remind you that this is a charge card and it has to be paid in full by the end of the month."

Message 15 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who HASN'T been F/R'd by AMEX and isn't superstitious?

I haven't and I've been a customer since 2008...and I'm not at all worried about the overrated FR that people make such a huge deal about =)

Message 16 of 44
bobebob
Frequent Contributor

Re: Who HASN'T been F/R'd by AMEX and isn't superstitious?

I have not.  And I requested a CLI from $10,000 to $20,000 and was instantly approved.

PIF every month (now before the statement). Smiley Happy

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Message 17 of 44
Duke-of-Earl
Regular Contributor

Great idea, and no, I'm not superstitious.  I've had an Amex Green since 1979, never an FR.  And I'm with those who would refuse to submit to it.

Starting Score: EQ 804 - (April 2009)
Upgraded thanks to FICO Forums: EQ 813 / EX 842 / TU 823 - (FICO scores from mortgage lenders, June 2010)
Recent Scores: EQ 807 / TU 799 - (March 2012)
Goal: Survive Another Day
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not. Had have a business plum and platinum card. Personal I have a gold and Starwood. I am up to 120k this year with no problems. Most of my spend is to major suppliers.
Message 19 of 44
JMN
Frequent Contributor

I had a mini-F/R the first month of having them, but it was simply an "OMG WHY ARE YOU SPENDING SO MUCH?!" reaction of theirs, which I understand, looking back at it.

I was 19 at the time, and charged $5,000 through it the first month, but ever since then, they've acclimated to me, and we haven't had any credit spats. I don't fear AmEx like some do, and don't think twice about making a purchase with their cards. Smiley Happy

But yeah. Customer since 2009. Official limit of $16,000 on my credit card with them, and average spending power of $25,000+ on my charge card with them, so I think they're fairly comfortable with me. If they did F/R me, however, I'd likely tell 'em to piss off. They're not my preferred card, so it wouldn't be a major loss. 

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 20 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.