cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who all is applying for Amex's new card?

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Who all is applying for Amex's new card?

The "Every Day" card....
Doesn't look like anything special... Lol although it is a new Amex!!!

It looks like they had a bunch of the old Amex Clear cards... Haha I think that's the one...

Who's applying?!? Should I?!? Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 88
87 REPLIES 87
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: Who all is applying for Amex's new card?

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
The "Every Day" card....

It looks like they had a bunch of the old Amex Clear cards... Haha I think that's the one...

I might since it's a SP if declined...worst case scenario I'll get a EX FICO out of it...lol.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 2 of 88
Jeff007245
Regular Contributor

I'll be adding it to my collection on January of next year for max backdating. Also thinking if I should PC my Blue Cash (old) to it, but I figure the card may soon become a unicorn, especially with the new "Everyday" product coming out soon.

AMEX is probably going to axe the following cards from their product portfolio.

Blue Cash (5% > 6.5k) - Replaced by BCE and BCP

Blue (MRE) - Greatly overshadowed and possibly replaced by ED and EDP

Garden
2/16/14
|*****1/2014 - NPSL*****| *4/2011 6,000 CL* |*11/2011 - 5,000 CL*| *9/2012 - 850 CL* | *1/2014 - 500 CL* |*2/2014 - 6,000 CL*|
Message 3 of 88
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Agree with the Amex Clear resurrection. I have a few Amices on the chopping block starting with Delta Gold Skypesos next month. DL miles arent worth the emailed statement.
Message 4 of 88
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
The "Every Day" card....

I'm not going for it, but if Zync EVER comes back w/ the same perks I'll be setting up my tent by AMEX's door and be the first one to app lol

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 5 of 88
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

I was going to, but got a CSP instead.

Message 6 of 88
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

not me...does not fit my spending.....for me next is Sallie Mae...if I get it Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 88
red259
Super Contributor

I may pick it up, but not until January (want to age my accounts so no apps until aug and then I want max backdating) and my PRG AF will be coming up in Jan as well. I want to see how the card plays out with the other cards. I like MRs but do not want to pay the AF on the PRG to keep it past the first year. With the new card I would likely replace the BCP with it and then use it has my everyday non-bonus spend card. Prior to this card coming out I was considering getting the SPG in Jan for this purpose. I will decide in December which route I am going to go.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 8 of 88
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Jeff007245 wrote:

I'll be adding it to my collection on January of next year for max backdating. Also thinking if I should PC my Blue Cash (old) to it, but I figure the card may soon become a unicorn, especially with the new "Everyday" product coming out soon.

AMEX is probably going to axe the following cards from their product portfolio.

Blue Cash (5% > 6.5k) - Replaced by BCE and BCP

Blue (MRE) - Greatly overshadowed and possibly replaced by ED and EDP

Seems like you can't PC from any card to these, at least that is the word from Amex.

Not sure Blue Cash would go, it's stuck around with the BCP/BCE for quite a while now and ED/EDP isn't a good substitute.

I can imagine them allowing the Blue via a link (like the Blue Cash today)but not sure why anyone would take it in place of the ED!

Message 9 of 88
Open123
Super Contributor

I'm going to appy for it.  For me, the bonus categories equate to a 3%, 6% and 9% cash equivalents, assuming 1 MR equates to 2 cents per point.

Message 10 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.