cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who all is applying for Amex's new card?

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Who all is applying for Amex's new card?

@CreditScholar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

By the way, for those who find MR points a better fit, just as with the BCP vs. BCE, the EDP invariably will yield better results.  The 30 charge isn't really an issue.  For instance, just pay Comcast in $1 increments 30 times, separate groceries at self checkout, or just load Starbucks or Amazon GCs at $1 at a time.

Voila, 30 in a flash.

and gift those $1 GCs to that irritating relative that you always hated? Smiley Tongue

I wouldn't bother giving them anything if it was up to me. My other half disagrees however, so last Christmas we gave that irritating relative a piece of coal Smiley Very Happy

LOL...not sure if this comes through on the net, but I'm not exactly a "charitable" kind of fellow.

Message 71 of 88
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

By the way, for those who find MR points a better fit, just as with the BCP vs. BCE, the EDP invariably will yield better results.  The 30 charge isn't really an issue.  For instance, just pay Comcast in $1 increments 30 times, separate groceries at self checkout, or just load Starbucks or Amazon GCs at $1 at a time.

Voila, 30 in a flash.

and gift those $1 GCs to that irritating relative that you always hated? Smiley Tongue

I wouldn't bother giving them anything if it was up to me. My other half disagrees however, so last Christmas we gave that irritating relative a piece of coal Smiley Very Happy

LOL...not sure if this comes through on the net, but I'm not exactly a "charitable" kind of fellow.

I think it did, at least for me anyways. You've always struck me as a "either it makes sense or it doesn't" kind of person; objectiveness and value drive most of your decision-making process (regardless of whether it's about financial matters or not).

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 72 of 88
enharu
Super Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Voila, 30 in a flash.

Well it will be fun if you do it this way:

Most of the cards are $1 but one of them is $500! 

And watch him/her literally scratch and activate each card one at a time, only to find out all cards are $1 Smiley Happy

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 73 of 88
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Voila, 30 in a flash.

Well it will be fun if you do it this way:

Most of the cards are $1 but one of them is $500! 

And watch him/her literally scratch and activate each card one at a time, only to find out all cards are $1 Smiley Happy

Wow that's cruel LOL. I have a feeling those cards would end up being re-gifted though, so some other innocent bystander would fall victim to the scheme.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 74 of 88
ljohn27
Contributor

I was recently approved for the Amex plat and PRG (not sure which one I'm keeping yet). But I do want to get an Amex credit card and was thinking of applying for this new everyday card. Will they do a sp since they just did a hp for the other cards. It was one since I applied for both the same day.

Also, what is the min credit score for approval. My current scores are: EX693/TU666/EQ719.

EX 678 | TU 689 | EQ 698 LENDER PULL 07/22/2014
EX 655 | TU 690 | EQ 678 MyFICO SCORES 07/09/2014
Message 75 of 88
VinnyofLegend
Contributor

For those of you who have received your cards, what does it look like compared to the mockup? Is it actually clear or is the clear with cloudy grey pattern like the Blue series?

Message 76 of 88
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ljohn27 wrote:

I was recently approved for the Amex plat and PRG (not sure which one I'm keeping yet). But I do want to get an Amex credit card and was thinking of applying for this new everyday card. Will they do a sp since they just did a hp for the other cards. It was one since I applied for both the same day.

Also, what is the min credit score for approval. My current scores are: EX693/TU666/EQ719.

Each successful approval will result in a hp.  IMO, three in such a short time period might be pushing it. 

Message 77 of 88
Remember0
Valued Contributor

If same day, AMEX inquiries are combined. But if it's a different day, you'll have a seperate inquiry. Essentially 1 amex inquiry for every day you apply with them. 3 in 1 day = 1 inq, 2 in 1 day, 1 the next day = 2 inqs, 3 cards each a seperate day = 3 inqs

EDIT: Keep in mind 3 applications MAY trigger an FR. But as long as your income matches last year's taxes and you wouldn't mind giving them access to taxes, I wouldn't worry about it.

Message 78 of 88
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Remember0 wrote:

If same day, AMEX inquiries are combined. But if it's a different day, you'll have a seperate inquiry. Essentially 1 amex inquiry for every day you apply with them. 3 in 1 day = 1 inq, 2 in 1 day, 1 the next day = 2 inqs, 3 cards each a seperate day = 3 inqs

EDIT: Keep in mind 3 applications MAY trigger an FR. But as long as your income matches last year's taxes and you wouldn't mind giving them access to taxes, I wouldn't worry about it.

This is a YMMV. Most have been successful with 1hp for multiple apps in the same day but certainly no guarantee. 

Message 79 of 88
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

NOT ME. i have all of the best amex has to offer with my income. (of course all no annual fees) Blue Cash (everyday), Hilton HHonors, and last but definitely NOT LEAST amex Clear (awesome) amex clear, you can make a single cash advance up to 1000 without any fees.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 80 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.