cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who are worst adverse action culprits?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who are worst adverse action culprits?

hard for the weak-willed, perhaps.
Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
hard for the weak-willed, perhaps.

I'll bet you have more credit cards than I do.

Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

It certainly helps ease some tension to have a significant other to get cards with.  I have added Amazon, sams, 4 amex cards, 2 chase cards, 1 citi card, 1 bank of america card, 1 credit union card, 1 bank visa, and a retail card.

I pay most charges off instantly, usually the same day, if not the end of the week. I always carry a balance on a 0% card but keep my total util under 5% and never go above 30% on one card.

I am too scared to apply with barclays!!! That is for sure!  Demanding birth certs , IDs, professional licensures, etc.... craziness! Not to mention demanding that it be sent in regular mail, without tracking, no signature required!  How crazy is that!

Message 13 of 25
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It certainly helps ease some tension to have a significant other to get cards with.  I have added Amazon, sams, 4 amex cards, 2 chase cards, 1 citi card, 1 bank of america card, 1 credit union card, 1 bank visa, and a retail card. That's funny you say that since my fiance and I actually have the same cards! Smiley Very Happy He has his own QS (he doesn't really use it though) and Sallie Mae (he just uses that for the most part). 

I pay most charges off instantly, usually the same day, if not the end of the week. I always carry a balance on a 0% card but keep my total util under 5% and never go above 30% on one card.

I am too scared to apply with barclays!!! That is for sure!  Demanding birth certs , IDs, professional licensures, etc.... craziness! Not to mention demanding that it be sent in regular mail, without tracking, no signature required!  How crazy is that! I've never had such issues with Barclays and I know a lot of others here have not (neither has my fiance). 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Callandra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It certainly helps ease some tension to have a significant other to get cards with.  I have added Amazon, sams, 4 amex cards, 2 chase cards, 1 citi card, 1 bank of america card, 1 credit union card, 1 bank visa, and a retail card. That's funny you say that since my fiance and I actually have the same cards! Smiley Very Happy He has his own QS (he doesn't really use it though) and Sallie Mae (he just uses that for the most part). 

I am too scared to apply with barclays!!! That is for sure!  Demanding birth certs , IDs, professional licensures, etc.... craziness! Not to mention demanding that it be sent in regular mail, without tracking, no signature required!  How crazy is that! I've never had such issues with Barclays and I know a lot of others here have not (neither has my fiance). 

I do like barclays, dont get me wrong. Props to them on offering a credit union esque product where folks may not have easy access.  Barclays should offer a checking account that can be connected so the ring can function like a line of credit and add a grace period.

Happy to see you have a Better Balance Rewards!  Hopefully he has a savings account and has you added as a joint applicant!  That way you will get the extra $20 a year on both of your cards. Just wire $300 to it and thats it!  When do you guys plan on getting your 2nd BBRs?

Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

And how, I had a Wells Fargo account that went from $6500 to 3700 after six months.  

@Bmac66 wrote:

I would include Wells Fargo on the list. They CLD me last month for having more than 2 inq and 2 new accounts in past 6 months. Less than 10% and I have a mortgage with them!  2 auto loans and no Kate's or neg accounts. Not sure why that spooked them but cut me from $3k to $1750. 

Message 16 of 25
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

I am cutting my cards up that I do not want. I only carry my Venture, Citi Dc WEMC, Discover It, and Upromise WMC with me now. I see that it is unnecessary to have so many cards. My Bestie only has 2 Us Bank cards (1 he didnt even realize he applied for) and he has a better score than me and my credit profile is much more diverse than his.

Message 17 of 25
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Callandra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I do like barclays, dont get me wrong. Props to them on offering a credit union esque product where folks may not have easy access.  Barclays should offer a checking account that can be connected so the ring can function like a line of credit and add a grace period.

Happy to see you have a Better Balance Rewards!  Hopefully he has a savings account and has you added as a joint applicant!  That way you will get the extra $20 a year on both of your cards. Just wire $300 to it and thats it!  When do you guys plan on getting your 2nd BBRs?

Since you have to put $300 into BOA for the extra $20 a year, that's a relatively high opportunity cost. Yes you can take out the $300, but then you lose the $20 benefit.

So in other words, you have to keep that $300 in there for years before it will be recouped.

Of course, not an issue if you bank with BOA anyway, but if you are literally opening an account and placing $300 in it but not using the account, that's basically a $300 cost for an extra $20, which again, would take years to recoup. Just different way of viewing it I guess.

Message 18 of 25
sjt
Senior Contributor

The one thing about Amex is they will FR or request updated information before they take AA in most cases.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:

The one thing about Amex is they will FR or request updated information before they take AA in most cases.

I've seen quite a few cases where they will give major CLDs as the first sign that anything is amiss. Then people call in and get hit with the full FR.

I don't know what would actually happen if a person just accepted the CLD and didn't call in right away.

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.