Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who backs BBVA NBA Amex

tag
jologan79
Frequent Contributor

Who backs BBVA NBA Amex

I curious to know who backs the BBVA NBA Amex?

Is it Amex or BBVA.

Also has anyone with scores in the mid 600s been approved?

NFCU Cashrewards $20,500 ~ NFCU LOC $15,000 ~ Chase Southwest $9,800 ~ Discover IT $500 ~ Hilton Honor Amex $1,000 ~ MILITARY STAR $6,900 ~ USAA Classic $500 ~ Macy's Store Card $3,200 ~ Mercury Visa $3,450 ~ Amazon Prime $2,200
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Re: Who backs BBVA NBA Amex

This is posted in the wrong forum. 

BBVA backs this card. Rumor is 630 is minimum score but they take in other factors into account when making their decision.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jologan79 wrote:

I curious to know who backs the BBVA NBA Amex?

Is it Amex or BBVA.

Also has anyone with scores in the mid 600s been approved?

The BBVA card is issued by Compass Bank-  Also, to get a broader view on what scores people were approved at you can check the credit pull database.  You can just type the credut pull database in google and it will come up.

Message 3 of 11
msbia
Established Contributor

Compass Bank does I believe. They pull EXP and mine was at 733 when approved. 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 4 of 11
jologan79
Frequent Contributor

Like a fool...I app'd.... (after locking my EQ, I don't wont that one pulled at all)

Got the 7-10 day notice...

Called the CSR number on the notice and lady bacisly said I'll receive a notice in 7-10days.

I know what that means... DENIED!

#feelinglikeafool

NFCU Cashrewards $20,500 ~ NFCU LOC $15,000 ~ Chase Southwest $9,800 ~ Discover IT $500 ~ Hilton Honor Amex $1,000 ~ MILITARY STAR $6,900 ~ USAA Classic $500 ~ Macy's Store Card $3,200 ~ Mercury Visa $3,450 ~ Amazon Prime $2,200
Message 5 of 11
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@jologan79 wrote:

Like a fool...I app'd.... (after locking my EQ, I don't wont that one pulled at all)

Got the 7-10 day notice...

Called the CSR number on the notice and lady bacisly said I'll receive a notice in 7-10days.

I know what that means... DENIED!

#feelinglikeafool

What's your criteria for choosing this card? Are you an NBA fan, or were you wanting to app for a card known for giving high starting limits? 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved with a 697 score. You may have a chance at approval.  Do you see some utilization dropping and reporting over the next 2-3 weeks. If so that may solidify your approval chance. 

What is your Ex score today?  I notice your siggy scores are 3 1/2 weeks old.

Message 7 of 11
taxi818
Super Contributor

Wow I looked it up and they pull transunion in floridaare they inquiries sensitive? I have 11 in last 2 years. 6 in last 12 months. Tu at 689. Any chance of getting? 

Message 8 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@taxi818 wrote:

Wow I looked it up and they pull transunion in floridaare they inquiries sensitive? I have 11 in last 2 years. 6 in last 12 months. Tu at 689. Any chance of getting? 

No way to know until you apply taxi.  You've seen the previous threads on this card.  It can be TU or EX.  Remember, that database is not comprehensive for all applicants.  Here's the issue, if denied, there's no reconsideration process (unless it's denied due to verification) so chose wisely.  They're also not fond of frozen CRs.

Message 9 of 11
northface28
Established Contributor

Taxi

I got it with a BK7 and got $8500 @ 11% APR, id say you can get it.

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.