Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who do I need a relationship with?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who do I need a relationship with?

So the chase Marriott card gets 2x points at outback, melting pot, everywhere? And I use the points only for hotels?
Message 21 of 37
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

Ya it gets double points for restaurants.. And u redeem for hotel stays if I'm correct

outta the garden.. for a house Smiley Very Happybr>Current score - eq 682(myfico) ex 703(ex 02) Tr 701 (tr 04) ck fako 66)
In the wallet - freedom 6k - Marriot 16.3k - Ak Airlines 25k - Bass pro MC (BofA) 12.5k - Amex SPG 18k - Amex Everday 11.7k - Amex BC 1K - Barclay Rewards 4k Newegg preferred 2.4k - Cabelas 2k - Diners Club Elite 15k -Diners Club Premier 15k - CU1 15K -Blue Nile 15k - Lowes 17k... HD 10k
Message 22 of 37
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

U may want to hold off for one of the better sign up bonuses

outta the garden.. for a house Smiley Very Happybr>Current score - eq 682(myfico) ex 703(ex 02) Tr 701 (tr 04) ck fako 66)
In the wallet - freedom 6k - Marriot 16.3k - Ak Airlines 25k - Bass pro MC (BofA) 12.5k - Amex SPG 18k - Amex Everday 11.7k - Amex BC 1K - Barclay Rewards 4k Newegg preferred 2.4k - Cabelas 2k - Diners Club Elite 15k -Diners Club Premier 15k - CU1 15K -Blue Nile 15k - Lowes 17k... HD 10k
Message 23 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So the chase Marriott card gets 2x points at outback, melting pot, everywhere? And I use the points only for hotels?

And you get a complimentary Cat 1-5 stay yearly.

Message 24 of 37
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

As Nixon said.. The yearly free night offsets the af

Message 25 of 37
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

Nixon BTW is the man.

Message 26 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Blah. Just doing my research. I never use my debit card again. I just PIF every month and get the rewards and sign up bonuses. It's great

Message 27 of 37
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

I have a Debit card... Dont know the pin lol all spend goes to rewards cards now... This forum has been an exceptional wealth if info..

Message 28 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, debit is yucky.

Message 29 of 37
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Personally, I like Discover the best, followed by Amex and Capital One (many disagree on the latter).

Discover gives SP CLIs, APR reductions, and generally has always been friendly and good with customer service. They offer good reward categories during the year (IMO) that are typically pretty broad, i.e. just general "home improvement" or "online shopping", vs Chase Freedom where it is more typically "Lowe's" and "Amazon" only. Discover also recently came out with a more "general spend" type card, 1.5% (paid in "miles" but convertable at 1c/1 mile to cash) on everything. 3% first year.

Amex usually has good cust service and easy CLI growth.

Capital One, although many complain about them, has always been good to me, albeit with effort. You have to use the EO for most things, so it can take a little longer to get what you want. However, they do SP CLIs which you do not need the EO for. Although they've put me through some hassles, I cannot say they haven't eventually granted what I asked for (so far). I got a $3k to $6k CLI through EO 2 months into my card and got converted to Visa Sig so, can't say anything horrible.

For all the Chase hype I am pretty meh about them. HP for every CLI, and auto CLIs are rare, so growth is not their strong point unless you want to open a new (different) card and roll limits over. That can work, but you have to want the new product. It's a PITA in my opinion and I prefer lenders that will actually grow my existing account. Also, Chase pretty much has guaranteed me they won't reduce my APR (even after a year or several years), so if  that matters to you it is not evidently something they do.

Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.