Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who does BOFA pull?

tag
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Who does BOFA pull?

I live outside of Philadelphia. I am thinking about adding a secured card  using BOFA. I am wonder which report they would use. My Tu is like out of control with stupid inquiries...EQ has none. EX has 2.

Please let me know and thanks.

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
cw81
Frequent Contributor

Re: Who does BOFA pull?

Bofa  normally pulls  EX  and   they pull  TU to unsecure  cards and  give  CLIs    that has been my experience and  also   what I have observed from anecdotal  evidence on the boards
Message 2 of 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus

When I apped with BoA, they pulled EX. I live Hawaii. Hopefully, some forum members from your neck of the woods will chime in.
Message 3 of 13
ma_fico
Regular Contributor

I'd guess an EX pull, but you never know... (I'm in SE PA as well)

Message 4 of 13
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Hawaii. How nice. Where the heck did I go wrong! Smiley Sad  I live in the City of Brotherly SHOVE! Smiley Happy

I can't imagine being declined for a secured card...i just didn't want that pesky inquiry....

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I live in Utah - here they pulled Equifax. 

(Edited to remove specific websites - sorry -- I thought I learned about them here.)  Maybe Google for more info on which CRA's are pulled by different CC's as well - every bit of dependable info is helpful.

Hope I'm not in trouble (often happens, but usually for giving candy to my cute grandchildren) (before dinner).

DH was approved for $4,000 CL, decreased to $500 when checked on available increase (before card arrived).  He actually has done well with Kroger ($6,000 to $10,000) and CareCredit ($8,000 to $11,500) making the same phone call.  BofA behaved very differently than the other chaps.  Hope I like these guys.  And hope you do, too, if you app.

Message Edited by beamMEup on 07-30-2009 03:35 PM
Message 6 of 13
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Thank you. I checked that site the other day. and now i can't remember!! I need some of that candy you speak of!! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

EX in FL.

No, you're not supposed to mention those two sites. One of them is very out of date/unreliable anyway.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

EX in FL.

No, you're not supposed to mention those two sites. One of them is very out of date/unreliable anyway.

Oh!  I'll edit my post immediately.  Even the out of date one has been somewhat helpful to me Smiley Wink.
Message 9 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

The problem with the out of date stuff is that it is highly unreliable. You can use "WGMC" or "CB" and that's about it. No URL's or links for those two.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.