Valued Contributor
daisyduke

Who does BOFA pull?

I live outside of Philadelphia. I am thinking about adding a secured card  using BOFA. I am wonder which report they would use. My Tu is like out of control with stupid inquiries...EQ has none. EX has 2.

Please let me know and thanks.

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
cw81

Re: Who does BOFA pull?

Bofa  normally pulls  EX  and   they pull  TU to unsecure  cards and  give  CLIs    that has been my experience and  also   what I have observed from anecdotal  evidence on the boards
Moderator Emeritus
fused

When I apped with BoA, they pulled EX. I live Hawaii. Hopefully, some forum members from your neck of the woods will chime in.
Regular Contributor
ma_fico

I'd guess an EX pull, but you never know... (I'm in SE PA as well)

Valued Contributor
daisyduke

Hawaii. How nice. Where the heck did I go wrong! :smileysad:  I live in the City of Brotherly SHOVE! :smileyhappy:

I can't imagine being declined for a secured card...i just didn't want that pesky inquiry....

Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup

[ Edited ]

Well, I live in Utah - here they pulled Equifax. 

(Edited to remove specific websites - sorry -- I thought I learned about them here.)  Maybe Google for more info on which CRA's are pulled by different CC's as well - every bit of dependable info is helpful.

Hope I'm not in trouble (often happens, but usually for giving candy to my cute grandchildren) (before dinner).

DH was approved for $4,000 CL, decreased to $500 when checked on available increase (before card arrived).  He actually has done well with Kroger ($6,000 to $10,000) and CareCredit ($8,000 to $11,500) making the same phone call.  BofA behaved very differently than the other chaps.  Hope I like these guys.  And hope you do, too, if you app.

Message Edited by beamMEup on 07-30-2009 03:35 PM
Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Valued Contributor
daisyduke

Thank you. I checked that site the other day. and now i can't remember!! I need some of that candy you speak of!! :smileyhappy:

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

EX in FL.

No, you're not supposed to mention those two sites. One of them is very out of date/unreliable anyway.

Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

EX in FL.

No, you're not supposed to mention those two sites. One of them is very out of date/unreliable anyway.

Oh!  I'll edit my post immediately.  Even the out of date one has been somewhat helpful to me :smileywink:.
Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

The problem with the out of date stuff is that it is highly unreliable. You can use "WGMC" or "CB" and that's about it. No URL's or links for those two.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+