Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who does soft pulls?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who does soft pulls?

I need to get this monkey off my back! who can i do a soft pull with?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
mrcrush20
New Contributor

Re: Who does soft pulls?

i would say calling your local law enforcemt arm if the monkey is problmatic 

if not try something sweet 

i know several "soft pull" lenders for credit all of wich are to tell you want card might work for you. i have never heard of a lender that will softpull to extend new credit lines. perhaps someone you are allready with 

Message 2 of 6
drkaje
Senior Contributor

It seems the App-monkey that jumped off AppBar's back found a new home, LOL!

A ton of inquiries is just going to further drag down your score and AOAA. You're already listing 6 new cards, will one more really make your life any better?

Customer service reps don't always know if it's a soft pull. You can't even trust when pre-qualification sites say it's a soft pull. A few people were (trying to get their approval fix) ended up with hard pulls from the Capitol 1 site. Smiley Happy

Just take a deep breath and chill. You've got a long way to go until good credit. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrcrush20 wrote:

i would say calling your local law enforcemt arm if the monkey is problmatic 

if not try something sweet 

i know several "soft pull" lenders for credit all of wich are to tell you want card might work for you. i have never heard of a lender that will softpull to extend new credit lines. perhaps someone you are allready with 

Thats what I meant, I know Discover does a soft pull to see your possible offers, also Capital One does a soft pull.  I don't know who else though.

Message 4 of 6
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Almost all WFNNB backed cards do soft pulls at checkout online. Victoria's secret, buckle, express and a few others.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.