cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who does the current best buy store card pull and what kind of limit can I expect?

tag
mccallb
Frequent Contributor

Who does the current best buy store card pull and what kind of limit can I expect?

Hi All, I see best buy has gone through some changes with regards to who owns their cards in the last few years, from hsbc to cap 1 to maybe citibank?

I was wondering, are they still citi? If so, is what I have read correct that they pretty much exclusively pull EQ?  And finally, what kind of limit do you think I'll see if I have about a 700~ score with about 12% UTI?

Thanks so much for the help!

CK EQ: 730 / CK TU: 735 / EXP FICO: 721 / EX Vantage: 793 / Total Exposure: 112K
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who does the current best buy store card pull and what kind of limit can I expect?

@mccallb wrote:

Hi All, I see best buy has gone through some changes with regards to who owns their cards in the last few years, from hsbc to cap 1 to maybe citibank?

I was wondering, are they still citi? If so, is what I have read correct that they pretty much exclusively pull EQ?  And finally, what kind of limit do you think I'll see if I have about a 700~ score with about 12% UTI?

Yes, they use Citi now and typically run Equifax.  As for your potential credit limit, there is no way to have any idea just from you providing a score

Message 2 of 12
mccallb
Frequent Contributor

Re: Who does the current best buy store card pull and what kind of limit can I expect?

Ok thanks for the information!

CK EQ: 730 / CK TU: 735 / EXP FICO: 721 / EX Vantage: 793 / Total Exposure: 112K
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mccallb wrote:

Ok thanks for the information!

You're welcome and good luck

Message 4 of 12
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@mccallb wrote:

They just pulled TU on me, last week. My best score, gave me $3k CL with a 738 but I have 18% UTL overall and good income. Contacted EO for better starting CL but no word on the results and the CL hasn't changed online. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mccallb wrote:

They pulled experian on me a few months ago in California but I recently got a Sears card (which is also Citi) and they pulled Equifax so who knows.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was wondering who they pulled as well. I was just in Best Buy yesterday starting new Verizon wireless service. I told the guy that my EX and EQ was frozen and had my PIN numbers with me just in case it caused a problem but Verizon just pulled TU (I'm having problems freezing TU) but they offered me a Best Buy credit card twice and I was real tempted. I was ready to say yes!! But then I controlled myself plus I don't know if my reports being frozen was going to be a problem either so I just said no. I wouldn't mind a best buy card but I also don't need one.

Side Note- it's crazy how uneducated people are about credit. It makes me realize how much we learn from these boards on a daily basis. When I told the guy my reports were frozen he told me that it wouldn't be a problem because freezing my reports only stops me from looking at my reports and not companies, he was so wrong but I just said "oh okay" and I HATE that I had to take a inquiry just for wireless service. Makes me so angry
Message 7 of 12
mccallb
Frequent Contributor

FYI: Since I hate when people post these and leave. 

I did apply for the card, got $3500 on the store card (didn't care for the MC, I wanted the 24 months financing).

They pulled Experian, here in SC.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mccallb wrote:

FYI: Since I hate when people post these and leave. 

I did apply for the card, got $3500 on the store card (didn't care for the MC, I wanted the 24 months financing).

They pulled Experian, here in SC.

Congrats and good to know.  Also good of you to come back and update.  I hate it as well when people ask for information and/or help and then go 'poof'

Message 9 of 12
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@mccallb wrote:

They are citi and citi is one of the few who pulls EQ for me . Only have citi and Verizon pulling EQ

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.