cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who else is still getting Chase 10+10?

tag
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

Re: Who else is still getting Chase 10+10?

I just received my letter today.. effective August 1st my Freedom changes to the new structure.. Guess I'm going to have to get as many 99 cent transactions in over the next two months to make up for what I won't get anymore.. LOL

Message 11 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@thetruthsince82 wrote:

I'm a newbie so please forgive me....but what's 10 + 10?  I've had my Chase Freedom card for 2 months now Smiley Happy

As a new user, it won't apply to you, but in the past, if you had a checking account with Chase, each purchase with the freedom gave you an additional 10% of the bonus, (so a total of 1.1%) PLUS 10 cents.   This was great for very small purchases, so for a $1 purchase, normal freedom gives 1 cent back, with 10+10 you get 11.1 cents back (i.e. 11.1% return).   This led some to push to the limit (e.g. someone with a bill of 650 PAGES of transactions, each transaction earning 10c + 1.1%.  Chase closed the card!)

This is no longer available, and all grandfathered users will be off it by the end of 2013, replaced with a 10% anniversary bonus.  For some, this can be better but most will miss it.

Message 12 of 13
Pworld
Regular Contributor

Yep im still in there!

Current EQ:809 EX: 808 TU:809

Amex Platinum/ NPSL | Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/18.1k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Discover IT/10.9K | Amex HHonors Surpass/9K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preferred/13K | Ink Business Preferred/13K
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.