cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who got the Walmart card just so they can get TU08 scores?

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Who got the Walmart card just so they can get TU08 scores?

@trumpet-205 wrote:

I thought about it, but decided against getting Walmart CC. Reason being that it does not earn reward and I much prefer shopping at Target than Walmart.

Yea I don't like that either Smiley Mad

But the Discover version does I believe.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 21 of 43
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

I thought about it, but decided against getting Walmart CC. Reason being that it does not earn reward and I much prefer shopping at Target than Walmart.

Yes, but it is the same cashback structure like other Discover cards. For the first $3000 spent annually you get 0.25% cashback. Starting at $3000.01 you get 1% cashback. So overall you get less than 1% cashback.

Message 22 of 43
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Yes, but it is the same cashback structure like other Discover cards. For the first $3000 spent annually you get 0.25% cashback. Starting at $3000.01 you get 1% cashback. So overall you get sub-1% cashback.

Eh....

It's something at least!!!.........................Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 23 of 43
android01
Valued Contributor

The ONLY reason I got the Walmart/Discover card was for the Fico score.  I'm having a hard time trying to figure out a way to keep the silly thing active as I never shop there, for one, and I use other cards for every day use.  So far I've bought a pizza or two with it just to keep it active.  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 24 of 43
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@android01 wrote:

The ONLY reason I got the Walmart/Discover card was for the Fico score.  I'm having a hard time trying to figure out a way to keep the silly thing active as I never shop there, for one, and I use other cards for every day use.  So far I've bought a pizza or two with it just to keep it active.  

Maybe put some recurring charges on it?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 25 of 43
android01
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@android01 wrote:

Good idea.  I'm going to put my monthly gym membership on it.  Which is also something I should use more often...Smiley Very Happy

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 26 of 43
teenastie
Established Contributor

@android01 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Good idea.  I'm going to put my monthly gym membership on it.  Which is also something I should use more often...Smiley Very Happy

Great suggestion LS

Great suggestion Android!!! Smiley LOL

Message 27 of 43
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@android01 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@android01 wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

I need to do this as well, the DW is grilling too much and I can't say no to grilled food!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 28 of 43
johnnie198x
Contributor

I did

AmEx Blue Cash Everyday - $1,100 - need CLI or will close
BankAmerica Cash Rewards - $10,000
Chase Freedom - $10,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5,000
Chase Ink Bold - $5,000
Citi Platinum Select - $2,600
Discover More - $4,000
Message 29 of 43
drkaje
Senior Contributor

If it were a version of FICO commonly used for lending I'd go for it. I hit up WalMart once or twice a month and have much better rewards so the card really wouldn't get a lot of use.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.